We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company.
Senior Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection
The Global Privacy & Data Protection team at Mastercard ensures that privacy and data protection is integrated in Mastercard’s product design and business processes that collect, use, disclose or retain personal data about our customers, consumers, merchants and employees. The Senior Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection will be part of the Global Privacy & Data Protection team, and will be responsible for ensuring the roll-out and maintenance of a robust privacy and data protection program within Mastercard and its subsidiaries in India. The role will also provide day-to-day privacy support to business teams in Mastercard including processing, rewards and loyalty solutions, marketing, and m-commerce and e-commerce platforms. The role will also involve reviewing and advising on data-related laws.
The position will be based in Mumbai, India, and will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection.
The ideal candidate will be able to think and act strategically and tactically with respect to the needs and objectives of the business clients while managing risk appropriately and ensuring the corporation remains compliant with law, including:
Engaging with business teams in their development of processing, rewards and loyalty, marketing and m-commerce and e-commerce products and solutions, utilizing a privacy-by-design methodology
Analyzing new and existing business initiatives that collect, store, analyze, manage, and transfer personal information with the aim of identifying relevant privacy and data usage issues and the relevant process and infrastructure requirements to ensure compliance of such initiatives with applicable privacy and data protection laws in India and to ensure consistency with Mastercard’s global policies and standards
Developing and implementing processes and controls that address applicable privacy and data protection requirements for India including: access to data, managing privacy and data protection policies and notices, preparing and filing local regulatory registrations, and managing cardholder and government requests for data
Reviewing data-related laws (new laws and changes to laws), and providing useful advice to business teams on the potential impact of these laws
Increasing awareness among business clients and regional counsel colleagues regarding privacy and data protection laws in India through training and other initiatives.
Supporting region business counsel with the review and negotiation of applicable privacy and data protection language in agreements with affiliates, vendors, and customers.
Ensuring all activities comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
All About You:
• Juris Doctor (or international equivalent) required
• Licensed to practice in one or more countries
• 4+ years of privacy and data protection related experience required
• 5+ years of legal experience in direct marketing, financial service or interactive technology.
• Understanding and track record of dealing with data protection laws and requirements for the protection and transfer of data in India
• Familiarity with financial services industry and payment processing
• Strong analytic capabilities and an ability to work on complex regulatory and business problems. Attention to detail is a must
• Capability and eagerness to dive-deep into the technology, and work with product and operations and technology teams when applying privacy principles
• Knowledge of digital marketing laws in India, including laws and self-regulatory schemes applicable to email and SMS marketing
• Knowledge of interactive marketing technologies, including, social media platforms, cookies and other passive data collection technologies
• Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to excel at multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings
• Solid English language skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-101255
How to apply:
Click here to apply
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.