JP Morgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
With large, global operations, the Legal team tackles complex issues and helps shape the regulations that affect the businesses. The group is organized into practice groups that align with the lines of business and corporate staff areas, which encourages collaboration on legal, regulatory and business developments as they arise.
Location and Reporting Lines
The position is in Mumbai, at J.P. Morgan’s Corporate Centre (“MCC”), reporting to the Intellectual Property Legal team in the US with local supervision at the MCC.
The candidate will primarily:
- Process invention disclosures, including determining an appropriate intellectual property protection strategy and working with outside counsel to draft and prosecute patent applications that thoroughly and accurately protect inventions
- Assist with trademark clearance, registration, and prosecution
- Perform legal research
- Prepare legal guidance documents and training materials for internal clients.
The candidate will also:
- Structure, draft, and negotiate various technology, intellectual property and other agreements, such as software licenses, maintenance agreements, equipment purchase/maintenance agreements, outsourcing agreements and professional services agreements
- Provide technology and intellectual property law advice and counsel to the internal clients and partners
- Review, interpret, and analyze agreements, advising clients and partners on rights and responsibilities related to those agreements, including in light of JPMorgan Chase policies and regulatory guidance
- 4-8 years of relevant intellectual property experience in a law firm or corporate law department
- In-house experience in the financial services industry or technology industry desirable
- Some experience in negotiating contracts preferred, including intellectual property licensing, software license, outsourcing, equipment purchase, application service provider, data processing, consulting, professional and other services
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
The candidate must have passed the Patent Agent Exam and be a registered patent agent
Computer science or application development background is the preferred technical background.
All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
How to Apply
Click here to apply
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.