About Standard Chartered
The Role Responsibilities
- Identification of legal risks in documentation and processes. Providing legal services to support the business in achieving its objectives and providing commercial and strategic solutions in supporting the growth initiatives.
- To advise GB-CB on legal issues relating to new products and new documentation to ensure risks are appropriately managed and mitigated.
- To assist in updating and reviewing existing standard templates to harmonize them with changing business needs and legal & regulatory compliance.
- To assist in the design and development of new products and initiatives launched from time to time.
- Highlighting risks which require approval of senior management and assisting the business in escalating those risks for approval.
- To liaise with various stakeholders for their approval on risks / deviations.
- To assist in the review of legal opinions.
- To assist in the review and development of new policies and procedures of the Legal Group.
- Assist in the selection and appointment of external counsels in relation to product management and transactions. Approve appointment of external counsel and monitor the performance and cost of engaging such external counsels.
- Liaising with colleagues in other legal teams for cross-border transactions.
- Liaise with Risk, Operations & Compliance and other stakeholders to ensure consistent and effective risk management approach across the business.
- Keep updated about the changes in the legal framework within which businesses operate in India.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Qualified Lawyer with degree.
- Experience in loan documents.
- Understanding of the key features of relevant laws and regulations in the regions where relevant business is conducted
- Strong analytical and innovative legal skills
- Good judgement
- Personal authority and integrity
- Independence and resilience
- An inquisitive and analytical approach to practices and procedures.
Primary Location: ASEAN & South Asia-India-Mumbai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 10/Jun/2020
Unposting Date: 25/Jun/2020
How to Apply
Apply by clicking here
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.