About the Opportunity
Project 39A offers a robust and rewarding online internship program that will provide meaningful exposure to the complexities and nuances of the criminal justice system in India for students of law and other fields.
About Project 39A
Project 39 A is a project of NLU Delhi that is inspired by Article 39A of the Constitution of India, a provision that furthers the intertwined values of equal justice and equal opportunity by removing economic and social barriers.
They are engaged in providing pro bono legal assistance to prisoners sentenced to death across the country by using empirical research to re-examine practices and policies in the criminal justice system.
Project 39A aims to trigger new conversations on legal aid, torture, forensics, mental health in prisons, and the death penalty.
Students of law, humanities, social sciences, management, or media.
Areas of Work
- Administration of the death penalty (litigation and research)
- Forensic science with a particular focus on DNA forensics
- Legal aid in the criminal justice system
- Mental health and criminal justice
- Full-time: Minimum 4 weeks to a maximum of 12 weeks.
- Part-time: Minimum 12 weeks
How to Apply
- Apply by filling the form through the link given at the end of this post.
- Applications are due at least two months before the first day of the proposed month of internship.
- Successful applicants will be contacted at least 6 weeks before their internship start date.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.