About the Organisation
Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha (MASUM) is a collective of social activists, professionals; psychiatrists, doctors, psychological counselors and pro bono lawyers dedicated to advance human rights in India and the sub-continent. MASUM collaborates with other human rights groups, social movements and survivors’ collectives to enforce the rights of marginalized people and to minimize the systemic discrimination of marginalized.
Call for Interns
Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha (MASUM) seeks to hire a Research and Advocacy intern to help with its human rights initiatives against torture, extrajudicial killings, and atrocities committed against border populace and for securing the rights of the erstwhile enclave dwellers of India and Bangladesh.
Duration of Internship: Full-time (10 am to 6 pm), 4-12 weeks
Location: Serampore, Hooghly, West Bengal
- Drafting fact findings received from the field into coherent complaints.
- Conducting fact findings on the incidents of human rights violations through undertaking field visits.
- Writing reports and research articles on different human rights issues.
- Assisting with filing cases for victims in various courts and following up on cases.
- Drafting complaints and replies to be sent to various state authorities and the National and State Human Rights Commissions.
- Pursuing studies in the field of law, political science, social work or other related disciplines.
- Working Knowledge of Bengali and English.
- A minimum full-time commitment of 4 weeks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Constitution of India and International human rights mechanisms.
- Willing to undertake work-related travel especially to various parts of West Bengal.
- Ability to work with the victims of torture, extrajudicial killings and other grave violations of human rights.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply by sending their CV and a cover letter highlighting their experience, interests and motivation to work with human rights. Applications should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line “Application for Internship-Research and Advocacy” latest by 17th August 2020.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.