About the Opportunity
RLEK or Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra, a charitable organization in Dehradun, has opened for winter internships cum volunteering opportunities for Law students.
Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra (RLEK) is a charitable organization in Dehradun, as recognized so by the State Government of Uttarakhand. It works for the underprivileged and marginalized communities in the region.
The aim of the organization is to achieve a just and sustainable society. They work with the mission of empowering indigenous groups, marginalized populations, women, and children and to claim their rights and entitlements.
RLEK is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 since 1869 as a Non-profit Organization. The Kendra is headed by Mr. Avdhash Kaushal. RLEK has over 150 full-time and part-time staff and 100 volunteers.
About the Internship
The internship at RLEK is aimed at understanding the difference and bridge the gap between legality and reality. It involves the following:
- Working for the marginalized communities on issues such as spreading education, legal literacy, community mobilization, governance, health, etc. at the grass-root level.
- Training the students on the above issues and also provide them with practical insights and to fill the gap between legality and reality.
- They are assigned tasks and work under the supervision of professionals.
- They are also taken on exposure visits to remote areas.
- There they are made to understand the problems of these people and learn how work is being done to improve their situation.
Minimum 1 Month
Winter Internship: October to February
How to Apply
To apply for the internship, the candidates must mail their CV with internship preference period to the following e-mail ID: [email protected]
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.