Since our inception in July 2020, we have been humbled by the support received by practitioners and now wish to open the platform to students, practitioners and other members of Projects, Infrastructure and Energy Law field. We hope to achieve our goals of inclusion and diversity through our skilled and talented student fraternity and hope to become an ideal platform for authors from all walks of life to be able to act as catalysts in the growth of this fascinating new area of law.
For reference, the Blog can be accessed here: – www.ijpiel.com/index.php/blog/
The Editorial Team
The Founding Editors consists of a cohort of 25 law students from 19 different BCI and UGC-affiliated institutions across India.
Board of Advisors
Our Advisors include members from Tier-I law firms across India and abroad, Consulting Engineers who have worked with the ‘Big 4s’ and academicians known for their seminal contributions to the field. We are honoured to be guided by stalwarts such as:
1. Dr. Heather Katharine Allansdottir (DPhil, University of Oxford and Expert on Law and Climate Change)
2. Dr. Kyriaki Noussia (Professor, University of Essex and Author of numerous Commentaries on International Arbitration and Oil & Gas Law)
3. Earle Johnson (FCAS Infrastructure Expert and Former National Head at Mott McDonald, Doctoral Research Scholar at the Leeds Beckett University; MSc – Oxford)
4. Dr. Artemis P. Malliaropolou (Visiting Scholar, Cornell Law School; Lecturer, Hague University of Applied Sciences and Young OGEMID Rapporteur)
5. Esq. Badrinath Srinivasan (Senior Manager (Legal), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.)
6. Er. Kiran Kumar Kapila (Chairman and MD, ICT; Honorary Fellow, New York Academy of Sciences & the American Association of Civil Engineers; Winner, Government of India’s Niryat Shree Award)
7. Er. Kuldip Singh (Former Chief Er, Punjab PWD; Class-A Panel Arbitrator, NHAI)
8. Mr. Njoroge Regeru (Managing Partner, Njoroge Regeru & Co; Band-I for Infrastructure Law, Chambers & Partners, Kenya 2020/21)
9. Mr. Philippe Billiet (Managing Partner, Billiet & Co; Counsel for TASS in the Yukos Arbitration; Fellow, Brussels Diplomatic Academy)
10. Dr. Tajudeen Sanni (Professor of Energy Law; University of Kampala)
11. Mr. Guranpreet Singh Sarna (Associate Partner, Dhir and Dhir; ‘Rising Star’ – Projects and Energy, Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020/21)
12. Mr. Vibhore Chaturvedi (Senior Associate, Fox Mandal & Co)
13. Mr. Sachhin Datta (Senior Advocate, Delhi High Court)
14. Mr. Samarth Chaddha (Manager (Legal), Aster DM Healthcare; Ex-AZB, SAM, Al Tamimi & Co)
15. Mr. Saurav Padhi (Associate Advocate, L&L Partners)
16. Ms. Asmita Singhvi (Solicitor, Herbert Smith Freehills)
Associate Editor (2-3 vacancies)
Eligibility: Applications are invited from students currently in the intermediate years (3rd and 4th) of the FYIC and 2nd year students of the 3 Year LLB Course.
● They would be responsible for verifying each source used and proofreading each and every article.
● They would also have to look into the citations and correct any discrepancies in the same.
● They shall act as Research Assistants to Guest Authors and shall assist them as a ‘Point of First Contact’ with researching and drafting.
● They would work under the supervision of the Senior Editors.
The Applicants are required to send the following on or before 16 November 2020 at [email protected] (please CC the same to [email protected]
• Curriculum Vitae (PDF Format and the file name should be “Your Name – CV”)
• Statement of Purpose (200- 500 words)
• Writing samples (maximum of 3) should be sent across and should preferably fall within the broad theme of the journal.
Please go through all the requirements carefully. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any fabrication or misrepresentation of details shall lead to disqualification. The decision of the Editors-in-Chief shall be considered final and binding with respect to all matters related to the selection process.
IJPIEL is pleased to announce a preferential application route for its prospective applicants, which shall remain open till 11 November 2020. The Applicants are required to send the following (in addition to the requirements under the Ordinary Route) or before 8 November 2020 at [email protected] (please CC the same to [email protected]
The requirements for the same (which are in addition to the aforementioned requirements) are as follows:
• A Letter of Recommendation by an eminent practitioner, professor or scholar (hereafter “referee”) of Projects, Infrastructure and Energy Law.
• The letter must be sent as a signed and scanned PDF file via mail by the applicant.
• The letter must not be more than 1 year old, i.e. written prior to 16 November 2019.
• Preference shall be given to individuals holding a Letter of Recommendation from a member of IJPIEL’s Board of Advisors. Being in active or recent association with (Acting as an Intern or a Research Assistant at present or within the last 6 months) shall be considered as an added advantage.
• Please note that (especially in the case of LoRs from Practitioners), it is important to note that merely interning at the same law firm or organisation shall not entitle the applicant to a preferential route. Interning in the same office and team as the referee is a mandatory requirement in order for the LoR to be considered.
• Please note that mere submission of an application under the aforementioned route does not guarantee acceptance of the same.
• The decision of the Editors-in-Chief shall be considered final and binding with respect to all matters related to the expedited selection process.
Naman Anand: +91-7888526240
Samarth Luthra: +91-9953998888