About the Institute
School of Legal Studies (SLS), one of the oldest Law Schools in India, is a prestigious department of Cochin University of Science & Technology, Kochi, Kerala. Since the establishment of the Law School in 1962 and its attachment to Cochin University in the year 1971, the School has made valuable contributions in legal studies and research.
About the Webinar
The School of Legal Studies is organizing an International Webinar on COVID-19: Impact on Ocean Governance and Shipping. The Webinar intends to analyze the impact of the pandemic and its implications on ocean governance and shipping and thereby make an attempt to identify the gaps in the legal system.
Date of the webinar: 26th June 2020
Timing of the sessions: 10.30 am-12.30 pm & 5.30 pm -7.30 pm
Special address: Dr Julia Constantino Chagas Lessa: Faculty, Erasmus School of law, Rotterdam, Netherlands, on the topic “Seafarers and Healthcare”.
Panel of Speakers
- Professor (Dr.) A. M. Varkey, Former Director and Dean, School of Legal Studies, CUSAT.
- Mr. Madhu Madathil, Legal Manager, Rais Hassan Saadi Group & Head, Legal Committee, Dubai Shipping Agents Association & National Association of Freight & Logistics, Dubai.
- Advocate Syam Kumar V. M., High Court of Kerala & Partner Southern Law Chambers, Kochi.
- Advocate Zaman Ali, High Court of Bombay (Admiralty Matters), India.
- Dr. Gifty Oommen, Associate Professor, Govt. Law College, Ernakulam.
- Dr. Sony Vijayan, Assistant Professor (SG) & H.O.D., Department of Commerce and Management, School of Arts & Sciences, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Kochi.
- Dr. Ancy V. P., Assistant Professor. School of Industrial Fisheries, CUSAT.
This webinar will seek to accommodate participation from students, academics, lawyers and researchers interested in this area. E-certificates shall be given to the registered participants on successfully attending the webinar.
Register Before: 25th June 2020. Registration will be limited on a first-come basis.
Registration Fee for Participants
There is no registration fee for the Webinar. The participants will be issued participation certificates. All the sessions should be attended by the participants.
Dr. Binu Mole K., Assistant Professor, School of Legal Studies, CUSAT
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Mobile Number: 9497804305
Mr. Naveen Sukumaran, Assistant Professor, School of Legal Studies, CUSAT
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Mobile Number: 9400250724
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host