About GITAM School of Law
GITAM School of Law a private law school is one of the constituent institutions of GITAM (Deemed to be University), situated at Rushikonda in Visakhapatnam in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The law school offers 5 Year Integrated BA.LLB (Hons), BBA.LLB (Hons) and One Year LL.M programmes with specialization in IPR & Cyber Law, Corporate Law and International Law & WTO approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi.
This School of Law was established in 2012 by the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, commonly known as GITAM Deemed to be University, Main Campus at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
About the Competition
GITAM, School Law, Visakhapatnam is organizing the Dr. MVVS Murthi Virtual National Moot Competition,2021. The event is scheduled to be held from 27th to 29th August 2021 at GITAM, Visakhapatnam. GITAM Moot & Advocacy Committee (GMAC) has been set up in 2019. The objective of this Committee is to provide the students with an opportunity to develop their interpersonal & Advocacy skills.
Participation in Moot Court Competition enhances the art of researching and the oratory skills of a student while prepping the student to face the reality of a courtroom. It also aids in confidence-building. Mooting gives a practical courtroom experience to a law student. The Committee successfully conducted the GITAM Regional Moot Court Competition in July 2019. The School of Law, GITAM (Deemed to be University) Visakhapatnam is organizing the DR. M.V.V.S MURTHI, 2nd National Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2021, scheduled to be held from 27th August to 29th August 2021.
- Law schools/Colleges/ Institutes/ Universities, recognized by the Bar Council of India, are eligible to participate. The participants should currently be pursuing their degree in law i.e., 3-Year/5-Year Law/LLM Courses. Students who have completed their law courses are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Only one team can register from a particular law school/College/ Institution/ University to participate.
- There shall be two speakers and one researcher designated for each team. In case of illness of the designated speaker, the researcher may be allowed to argue for the team with the prior permission of the Committee.
Click here to register for the competition
The wire transfer/NEFT must be made to:
- Name of Account: M/s Seminars and Workshops School of Law
- Union Bank Account No: 761302010000486
- IFSC Code: UBIN0576131
- Branch: GIMSR Branch, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530045
Mode of payment
Online Bank transfer in favour of M/s Seminars and Workshops School of Law
Last Date for Registration: 31st July 2021
Registration Fee: INR 2500/-
- All queries relating to the Moot Problem may be clarified by sending an email to [email protected] on or before 20th July 2021.
- Any dispute about the Moot Court Competition shall be referred to the GMNMC Committee before the end of the competition. In all matters of complaints or disputes, the decision of the Committee shall be final.
Click here for the official brochure of the Moot Court Competition.