Climate Change is one of the most contentious topic being debated throughout the world. It has been globally accepted and recognized as a serious threat to human existence. The global community is facing considerable threats from climate change, and incurring considerable costs to cope with the climate impacts. India is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, therefore, there is an imminent need to address the impact of climate change on society to ensure sustainable livelihood particularly in the developing countries like India. In this backdrop, the purpose of this seminar is to provide a common platform for the legal experts, academicians, researchers and students to bring out, discuss and deliberate how the burning issue of climate change is being tackled around the world, and propose solutions relevant to India. The outcome of the seminar will enhance the understanding of participants and provide policy inputs related to the theme.
About Jagran Lakecity University
Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal is a private university established under Section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956 and is based out of Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. JLU, Bhopal is one of the fastest growing and one of the most awarded universities of Central India, having practice based pedagogy at its core. Currently, the university is offering 56 degree program to more than 2500 students from 8 countries and 27 states of India. The university has 27 partnerships with top industries and international universities ensuring the students get great exposure both nationally and internationally. JLU, Bhopal is the only participating university from Central India ERASMUS+ programme under the Tuning India Project, funded by the European Commission and is also currently the country chair for Association of Universities of Asia Pacific (AUAP). The University has been bestowed with several prestigious awards, such as ‘University of the Year’ by Government of Madhya Pradesh for consecutive four years in 2015, 2016 2017 and 2018 and is recognized as a Global League Institution in 2015 at the House of Commons, London, UK. JLU Bhopal has been ranked No. 1 Private University in Madhya Pradesh in the year 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 by several leading publications.
The National Law School of India University, the Nation’s premier law university, came into existence through a Notification under the National Law School of India University Act (Karnataka Act 22 of 1986). It signified the culmination of efforts by the Judiciary, the Bar Council of India, the Karnataka Bar Council, the Bangalore University and the Government of Karnataka to reform legal education and to establish a centre of excellence for legal education and research in India. The Law School has undertaken many research projects funded by the UGC, the Government of India, the Government of Karnataka, the Department of Women and Child Development, UN agencies, the World Bank, HIVOS, Department of Justice etc. The Projects have served to strengthen research and teaching at the Law School. The National Law School of India University since its inception has taken proactive steps in organizing conferences, seminars, workshops, refresher courses and certificate courses to update academicians, law teachers, students, industry personnel in different subject areas.
Theme for eSeminar
The broad theme areas include (but not confined to) the following
- Climate change and disaster management.
- Climate change and climate protection.
- Climate change and its impact on Aquatic Environment.
- Climate change vis-à-vis Indigenous People.
- Climate change, displacement and refugees.
- Dealing with climate change: Poverty and gender issues.
- Paris agreement and India’s commitment.
- India’s Legal regime towards decarbonization.
- Climate change and Technology.
- Agriculture, Forests, water resources and climate change.
For Abstract Submission
- Co-authorship is limited to maximum of two authors.
- Multiple entries shall lead to disqualification.
- Abstract shall not exceed more than 300 words including key words. Abstract must
be accompanied by a Cover page which must include following details:
a) Title of the Paper
b) Name of the Author and Co-author (if any)
e) Contact details of Author and Co-author (if any)
- Abstract shall be submitted to [email protected] on or before 30th of April, 2021 in MSWord file format.
- While submitting abstract the subject of the mail must be “Abstract Submission” with the
Name of Author and Co-author (if any).
- The MS Word file must be named in the manner which is as follows:
• Name of the Author and Co-author (if any) followed by title of the work.
For Manuscript Submission
- The title of manuscript shall be followed by Name of the author(s), Name of the University/
Institution and E-mail address.
- The manuscript should be submitted in MS-Word (.doc/.docx)format only.
- For citation, Bluebook style – 20th Edition shall be followed.
- All manuscript submissions shall only be made in soft copies along with the duly signed
certificate of originality to [email protected] on or before 25th of May 2021.
- While submitting manuscript the subject of the mail must be“Manuscript Submission” with
the Name of Author and Co-author (if any)
- The MS-word file of the manuscript must be named in the manner which is as follows:
• Name of the Author and Co-author (if any) followed bytitle of the work. Example “Sanjeev
Gupta– Climate change and International perspective”
- The maximum word limit for the paper is 4000 words excluding foot notes.
- Last date for submission of Abstract: 30th of April 2021
- Intimation of acceptance of abstract: 3rd of May 2021
- Last date for the payment of fees: 15th of May 2021
- Last date for the Manuscript Submission: 25th of May 2021
- Seminar date: 4th and 5th of June 2021
Faculty member, Research scholar, professionals and students are eligible to participate.
Fee details are in the brochure