About the Institute and Conference
SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law, Mumbai is conducting a Two-Day Online National Conference on ‘Dimensions of Democracy’.
The concept of democracy is central to our contemporary political lexicon, yet agreement on how to conceptualize democracy is far from realization. In an era of fluctuating collective identities and divergent dogmas, societies are increasingly becoming a randomized toolbox of inconsistent identities.
- The changing character of identities, fault lines and representative politics give rise to a number of questions that deserve a closer examination: In what ways are conflict structures and democratic institutions changing?
- Are we witnessing a period of de-politicization and apathy, or re-politicization and novel forms of engagement? Is there strength in populist movements?
- Does local politics undermine or overwhelm national identities? How participative is participative democracy?
Dates: 8th and 9th August 2020
Call for Papers
They invite scholarly contributions for publication in a book with the following tentatively titled chapters: (for details please refer to the brochure)
- Democracy and Law
- Democracy in light of pandemics
- Democracy and Governance
- The Future of Democracy
- The Idea of Democracy
- Labor Practices in Democracy
- Only original, unpublished papers may be submitted.
- Full Paper Length: Min. 3000 words to Max. 6000 words
- Citations are essential and footnotes must be in the format of the Harvard Bluebook 19th edition.
- Abstract: 800 words to be submitted by 10th July 2020. Abstracts must contain Name and email ID of author(s), references, 3 keywords and the working title of the paper.
- Abstract and Full paper to be mailed to [email protected]
- Full paper submission to be made by 31st July 2020.
- Selected papers will be called upon to make a 15-minute presentation at the conference. The best paper-presentation will receive a Certificate of “Best Paper Presented”.
- Single Author: Rs. 500/-
- Co-Author: Rs. 700/-
- Participation: Free
- Pravin Gandhi College of Law, DENA Bank
- Current Account Number: 013111001690
- RTGS/ IFSC Code: BKDN 0460131
Last Date for Registration for Paper Presenters: 10th July 2020
Last Date for Registration for Participants: 31st July 2020
Mr. Smit Parekh: +91- 9029580907
Professor Apurva Thakur: +91-9765421775
Email ID: [email protected]
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host