About the Organiser
Nyayashastram: The Law Blog is a student-run website/blog with the aid and advice from eminent Lawyers and Academicians across the nation. The blog is aimed to foster legal research by providing a platform to encourage the original and unpublished work of authors.
About the Competition
Nyayashastram is organising National Comparative Case Commentary Competition 2020.
A case comment, as the name suggests, is an extended commentary on a particular court case. The purpose of a case commentary is to give the writer an opportunity to assess not only how a specific case was disposed of in court, but also, to survey the development of that area of the law represented by the selected case and social, economic and political consequences of the decision.
Nyayshastram invites UG/PG students from both law and humanities background interested in law or public policy matters to write a comparative case commentary on the given case-laws.
Law students and Humanities students pursuing 3 years/5 years-integrated courses, UG/PG courses can participate in the event.
Students may participate individually or in a team of two. For clarity, there can be a maximum of 2 authors to one entry. The participation is ‘theme-wise’. If an author or authors wish to participate in more than one theme then they will have to register for each such theme by paying a separate registration fee.
The broad themes for the comparative case-commentary shall include case-laws relating to Criminal Law, Cyber Law, Environmental Law, Human Rights (inclusive of women’s & child rights) and Intellectual Property Law.
- Criminal Law: State (N.C.T. of Delhi) vs. Navjot Sandhu and Ors. AIR 2005 SC 3820, Tuka Ram and Anr. vs. State of Maharashtra 1979 AIR 185, K.M. Nanavati vs. The State of Bombay AIR 1961 SC 112, AIR 1962 SC 605
- Cyber Law: NASSCOM vs. Ajay Sood & Others (119 (2005) DLT 596, SMC Pneumatics (India) Private Limited vs. Jogesh Kwatra, CS(OS) No. 1279/2001 (Delhi High Court, 2001), Swami Ramdev and Another vs. Facebook Inc. (2019 SCC OnLine Del 10701: (2019) 263 DLT 689)
- Environmental Law: M.C. Mehta vs. Union of India – Ganga Pollution Case (1987) 4 SCC 463, M.C. Mehta vs. Union of India – Taj Trapezium Case 1987 SCR (1) 819, Animal Welfare Board of India vs. A. Nagaraja & Ors. (2014) 7 SCC 547
- Human Rights: Laxmi vs. Union of India (2014) 4 SCC 427, CEHAT vs. Union of India (2003) 8 SCC 412, Vishaka and Ors. vs. State of Rajasthan AIR 1997 SC 3011
- Intellectual Property Law: Navigators Logistics vs. Kashif Qureshi CS(COMM) 735/2016, Sanjay Kumar Gupta & Anr v. Sony Pictures Networks India P Ltd. AIR (2018) Delhi 169, The Coca-Cola Company Vs. Bisleri International Pvt. Ltd Manu/DE/2698/2009
- Prizes will be declared for each separate theme.
- Winners: Cash prize of Rs 400/- + E-Certificate of Achievement + Blog Publication + Certificate of Publication + Internship Opportunity as a Content Writer at Nyayshastram – The Law Blog
- Runners up: Cash Prize of Rs 200/- + E-Certificate of Achievement + Blog Publication + Certificate of Publication + Internship Opportunity as a Content Writer at Nyayshastram – The Law Blog
- 2nd Runners up: E-Certificate of Achievement + Blog Publication + Certificate of Publication + Internship Opportunity as a Content Writer at Nyayshastram – The Law Blog
- E-Certificate of Appreciation shall be given to participants securing Rank 4 & Rank 5 under each theme, publication and certificate of publication will also be given.
- E-Certificate of Participation to all the other participants shall be given.
How to Submit?
For the submission guidelines, please refer to the Rules&Regulations document as attached.
The submissions for the respective themes have to be done via uploading the document & pdf files on google form through the following links:
How to Register?
There shall be a nominal registration fee of Rs 50/- per person for participating under a particular theme and is payable through UPI/PHONEPE/GOOGLEPAY for participating under any particular theme. Co-authors will have to pay the registration fee separately.
The registration fee has to be paid to the following mobile number: 7337603842 (ABHISHEK BHUSHAN SINGH)
After payment of the registration fee, the participants are required to fill this form to complete the registration process.
- Last date of Registration: 29th July 2020
- Last date of submission: 5th August 2020
- Results: 31st August 2020 (Tentatively)
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Aniket Dutta: 7301763148
Shivangi Pandia: 8209024838
Abhishek Singh: 7337603842
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host