About the Institute
Established in 1882 in Lahore, Panjab University is one of the oldest Universities in India. The university has 75 teaching and research departments and 15 centres/chairs for teaching and research at the main campus located at Chandigarh. It has 188 affiliated colleges spread over Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Chandigarh and Regional Centres at Muktsar, Ludhiana and Hoshiarpur.
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established in 2004-05 with the aim of providing quality education and training in the legal profession. Despite having recent beginnings and facing teething problems, UILS has become one of the premier institutions in the country for providing legal education.
About the Competition
The COVID-19 pandemic has rendered individuals and society extremely vulnerable in all respects. In this time of crisis, when the majority of competitions have been postponed or cancelled, we decided to take the initiative to ensure that the process of learning does not stop.
After organising a number of thriving moot court competitions nation-wide, UILS, PU has decided to initiate National Memorial Writing and Drafting Competition. The competition is based on the axiomatic truth and notion that in competitions, the oral arguments take away all the attention and the written memorial lose all their glory.
With the national memorial drafting competition, the researchers and drafters get much-needed recognition. The moot proposition is based upon the recent events of COVID and the contractual imbroglio led thereafter.
|Release of the Proposition||2nd June 2020|
|Last Date for Registration||10th June 2020|
|Last Date for Online Payment||12th June 2020|
|Last Date to seek Clarifications||15th June 2020|
|Release of the Clarifications||17th June 2020|
|Last date for the Submission of the Memorial||25th June 2020|
|Declaration of Results||5th July 2020|
- The Competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school in India.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- Individual participation, as well as participation in a team of two i.e. co-authorship, is allowed.
- The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after the registration deadline except in extenuating circumstances and only with permission of the Organizer.
- The Team Cap for the Competition is 25 Teams.
- The participating teams can register themselves by sending the composition of their teams through the official Mooting society mail ID or through the official mail ID of their department to [email protected]
- Registration fees is to be paid only after the confirmation mail sent to the participants by the organizers.
- Registration Fees: Single Author: Rs. 450 and for Co-Authorship: Rs. 750 (Maximum 2 Authors only)
- The last date for registration is 10th June 2020.
The participants securing the first three positions i.e. First, Second and Third shall be felicitated with cash prizes.
- First Position: Rs. 5,000/-
- Second Position: Rs. 3,500/-
- Third Position: Rs. 1,500/-
- E-Certificates to all participants will be sent on their Respective Emails.
- Ms. Shruti Singla: 92551 33052
- Ms. Kajal Arora: 81682 65868
- Ms. Komal Arora: 82889 55403
- Ms. Aastha Dhawan: 79735 98799
- Mr. Ritik Gupta: 99151 26369
For the brochure, click here.
For the proposition, click here.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.