About the Journal
The Journal on Dispute Resolution (‘JODR’) is the flagship biannual journal of the Mediation Clinic, published under the aegis of the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata. It is an open-access, student-reviewed journal, that aims to provide a platform for the discussion of national as well as international developments in the field of dispute resolution.
The Journal seeks to strike a balance between practical and academic contributions on issues which form the forefront of contemporary legal discourse. JODR was launched in association with the NUJS Mediation Clinic and the Indian Mediation Week (‘IMW’). The NUJS Mediation Clinic was the first student-run Mediation Clinic of the nation, inaugurated by Justice A.K. Sikri.
IMW is also recognised as India’s largest student-run Access to Justice Campaign, spread across the country and supported by the Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India and Supreme Court Mediation and Conciliation Project Committee (MCPC).
Call for Papers
JODR is accepting submissions of manuscripts for publication in Volume I, Issue I of the journal, aimed to be published by September 2020. The deadline for submission of manuscripts for the forthcoming issue is July 31, 2020.
The themes of the Journal
The theme of the journal includes but is not limited to:
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Investor-State Dispute Settlement
- Investment treaties issues
- Institutional and Non-Institutional Arbitration
- Jurisdiction specific issues on arbitration
- Developments in litigation in the concerned field
- They accept submissions from academicians, legal practitioners, research scholars and students encompassing but not limited to the themes mentioned above.
- Co-authoring of papers amongst individuals is permissible. However, the number of co-authors must not exceed three.
- The manuscript must not contain any mention of or reference to the Author’s name, credentials or affiliations in any form. Such relevant biographical information must be provided in a separate cover letter.
- The manuscript must contain an abstract of up-to 300 words. It may also contain a maximum of 5 key-words to ensure search engine optimisation.
- The author must uniformly follow the OSCOLA guide to legal citation (4 th ed., 2012) in the manuscript.
- The body of the manuscript must be in the font ‘Times New Roman’, font size 12, line spacing 1. All footnotes must be in font ‘Times New Roman’, font size 10, line spacing 1.
- The manuscript must be an original and unpublished work of the Author(s). While the submission is under the process of review, it shall not be considered for publication by any other platform. Submission(s) made by the Author(s) shall not be plagiarised and the editorial board has the right to reject a plagiarised manuscript.
- Click here for detailed submission guidelines and editorial policy.
Since they wish to observe the flexibility of content to ensure comprehensive publications, they accept:
- Long Articles: 6,000 +
- Short Articles: 3,000 to 6,000
- Case Comments: 1,500 to 3,000
- Legislative Comments: 1,500 to 3,000
- Book and Article Reviews: 1,500 +
The deadline for submissions for the first issue is July 31, 2020. While submissions shall be accepted across the year, those made after July 31, 2020, will be considered for the forthcoming issues.
The manuscript shall be submitted in an MS Word (.doc/.docx) format and must be compatible with MS Word 2007 and above. The submissions shall be sent to [email protected] with the title as “Submission—JODR”.
For any queries, please mail at [email protected] You may also contact:
- Divyansh Sharma, Editor JODR, [email protected], 9149113095
- Vishal Hablani, Editor JODR, [email protected], 8839686233
- Mehak Kumar, Editor JODR, [email protected], 9910784387
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.