The Board of Editors of the National Law School Business Law Review is pleased to invite original and unpublished manuscripts for the Special Issue of the NLS Business Law Review.
About the Institution
The National Law School of India University is an institution of legal education focusing on legal and policy education in India at the undergraduate and graduate level.
More Details can be found at (nls.ac.in)
About the Journal
The NLS Business Law Review is an initiative by the National Law School of India University to recognise and foster academic research and scholarship in corporate and commercial law.
The NLS BLR has featured scholarship by a wide range of leading academics, practitioners, and luminaries, such as Justice V. Ramasubramanian (Supreme Court of India), Phillip R. Wood (QC, Allen and Overy LLP), Prof. James J. Nedumpara (Jindal Global Law School) Rajat Sethi (Founding and Managing Partner, S&R Associates), Prof. Régis Bismuth (Sciences Po) and Prof. Anurag K. Agarwal (IIM Ahmedabad).
Mandate of the Special Issue
In light of the 2019 amendments to the Indian Arbitration Act and the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on arbitral proceedings, arbitration finds itself at the forefront of current legal discourse. The Special Issue of the NLS Business Law Review focuses on the theme of ‘International Arbitration’ and aims to foster and enhance discussion on contemporary developments in the field of arbitration and their impact on business law. It seeks to examine the legal terrain of international arbitration, its current position and the need for reform and diversity.
The Special Issue of NLS Business Law Review (NLS BLR – Special Issue) is accepting submissions under the following categories:
- Articles (6,000 – 10,000 words) are comprehensive publications that analyse important themes, and may adopt comparative perspectives.
- Essays (4,000 – 6,000 words) typically identify a specific issue, which may be of contemporary relevance, and present a central argument.
- Case Notes, Legislative Comments, Book/Article Reviews (1,500 – 3,000 words).
Guidelines for Submissions
- Submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis. Currently, the Journal is inviting submissions for its Special Issue. The deadline for sending submissions for the same is November 20, 2020.
- Submissions must be made in electronic form to [email protected] under the subject heading ‘NLSBLR Special Issue Submission: <Submission Category>’.
- All submissions must be in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx), with Times New Roman font (Main text: size 12 and double spaced, footnotes: size 10 and single-spaced).
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by a covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript, and contact information.
- An abstract of not more than 250 words shall have to be provided.
- Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is permitted.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgements should be included in the text of the manuscript, file name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
- The NLSBLR uses only footnotes (and not endnotes) as a method of citation. Submissions must conform to the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities. Please note that SCC citations for cases must be preferred wherever available.
- Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third parties.
- Submissions made to NLSBLR shall be on an exclusive basis and must not be concurrently under consideration by any other publication.
- Submissions must fall within the mandate of the Special Issue of the journal as mentioned above.
In the event of any queries, please contact Vasu Aggarwal, Editor-in-Chief or Mallika Sen, Deputy Editor-in-Chief at [email protected].
BOARD OF EDITORS
Vasu Aggarwal (Editor-in-Chief)
Mallika Sen (Deputy Editor-in-Chief)
Meghana Senthil Kumar
TECHNICAL EDITOR Administrative Editor
Shantanu Mishra Harsh Srivastava
Prof. Yashomati Ghosh
BOARD OF ADVISORS
|Mr. Alexander von Reden||Mr. V. Niranjan||Prof. Dr. N. Balasubramanian|
|Mr. Harish B. Narasappa||Mr. Nishith Desai||Prof. M.P. Padmanabha Pillai|
|Mr. Mihir Naniwadekar||Mr. Nizam Pasha||Dr. V. Umakanth|
|Mr. Nakul Dewan||Prof. Rahul Singh|
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.