About the Institution
National Law University-Jodhpur (NLU Jodhpur) is one of India’s leading Law Schools situated in the vibrant and colorful city of Jodhpur, Rajasthan. It was established in 1999.
About the Journal
The Journal of Intellectual Property Studies is a bi-annual, student-run academic journal published by National Law University, Jodhpur. The Journal was established in 2016 and primarily deals with contemporary developments in the field of intellectual property and related laws.
The journal’s objective is to fill this void by becoming a platform where ideas can be exchanged and in turn, hopes to enhance discourse on intellectual property rights between policymakers, practitioners, and scholars.
The manuscripts must pertain to the field of intellectual property law or to related fields such as media and technology law.
The Journal is dedicated to publishing nationally and internationally relevant content relating to law and policy in intellectual property rights. This includes overlapping areas such as competition laws and technology laws.
- Articles: 4000 up to 10,000 words. Articles must be accompanied by an abstract of 250-300 words.
- Case Comment: Up to 5,000 words. Case comments must be accompanied by an abstract of 150-200 words.
- Manuscripts must conform to the scope and theme of the Journal of Intellectual Property Studies (‘the Journal’).
- All submitted manuscripts shall be original. Any form of plagiarism would lead to immediate rejection of the submission.
- Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously. Once a manuscript has been selected for publication or has been published in the Journal, the author(s) must seek permission from the Editorial Board before publishing it elsewhere. Such permission may or may not be granted at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
- The author(s) must inform the Editorial Board if the manuscript has also been submitted to another journal, website, or forum. The Editorial Board must be notified immediately if an offer for publication from another journal, website, or forum is accepted by the author(s).
- Solicited submissions are guaranteed a right of publication in the Journal subject to quality and content review by the Editorial Board.
- Each manuscript may have up to two authors.
- In case of joint authorship, the author from whom a submission is solicited by the Editorial Board shall intimate the Board of the name, credentials, and contact details of the intended co-author.
- All relevant sources shall be duly acknowledged as footnotes.
- The text and citation styles shall conform to the rules prescribed in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th edition).
- The body of the manuscripts shall not contain or disclose any information pertaining to the author’s name, affiliation, or credentials.
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by a cover letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript, and contact details.
How to Submit?
Manuscripts may be submitted via email at [email protected], with the subject field as follows: “Title of Article/Case Comment_Name of Author(s)”.
The submission for manuscripts is 30 August 2020.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.