About the Journal
Christ University Law Journal (CULJ), ISSN 2278-4322 is a biannual peer-reviewed journal.
Call for Paper
Theme: Imbibing Eco-centrism in Environmental Law: Scope, Challenges and the Way Forward
Law has always been used as a tool to secure human needs and wants. An anthropocentric approach is ingrained in every facet of law, and environmental law is no exception. Unfortunately, the present environmental legal regime has not been able to stymie the degradation of the environment, let alone bring about a paradigm shift in the way in which, we humans, interact with nature.
Environmental Law has been based on the wrong assumption that humans are a separate entity, living away from nature. By doing so, it has not taken into consideration the intrinsic, inherent value that exists in each and every component and thereby fails to address the real problems that plague Mother Earth.
This anthropocentric approach has already caused irretrievable damage to the environment. It is high time that we change this wrong assumption and address real concerns and bring about the much-needed thrust towards framing an eco-centric law, which treats humans as a part of nature.
To foster this line of thought one has to delve into its scope, the challenges and possible solutions which would lead to a harmonious coexistence between man and nature.
- Christ University Law Journal invites research paper submissions on the following sub-themes:
- Conceptualising Environmental Law and Governance: Issues and Challenges
- Differentiating Right to environment and Right of Environment
- Environment Protection: Evaluating Rights and Duties
- Extending the concept of standing
- Eco-feminism: An Analysis
- Deep Ecology: A panacea for environmental woes?
- Restructuring the environmental justice delivery system: Issues and Challenges
- Internalising customs and traditions into Environmental Law
- The interface between environment and ethics
How to Submit?
- Please send your articles (5000-6000) words following the guidelines mentioned in our website at the latest by 30 June 2021.
- Kindly include the abstract of the article in 150-200 words, 5 Keywords and a summary of the CV of the author in 100-150 words.
- The citation format to be used is The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, Harvard Law Review (20th ed.).
Deadline: 30th June 2021.
Details of submission are on the journal webpage, here.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.