The Indian Journal of Arbitration Law (IJAL) is calling for papers for its Volume 10, Issue 1, to be submitted by March 31, 2021.
The Indian Journal of Arbitration Law (IJAL) is a bi-annual, open-access journal published by the Centre for Advanced Research and Training in Arbitration Law (CARTAL), and indexed on Kluwer Arbitration, HeinOnline, and Westlaw. IJAL is the leading journal on arbitration law in India and an excellent source of reference for international arbitration. IJAL publishes contributions from experienced arbitrators, practitioners, academicians, and law students, on contemporary topics in international commercial and investment arbitration, as well as on jurisdiction-specific themes.
The Board of Advisers of IJAL comprises preeminent authorities in international arbitration, including Mr. Alexis Mourre, Prof. Emmanuel Gaillard, Justice (retd.) Fali S. Nariman, Prof. Gabrielle Kaufmann-Kohler, Mr. Gary B. Born, Prof. Martin Hunter, Prof. Loukas Mistelis and Prof. W. Michael Reisman. The articles published by IJAL have found mention in numerous noteworthy works, including books, treatises, commentaries, ASA bulletin of the Swiss Arbitration Association, Secretariat’s note on Bibliography of recent writings related to the work of UNCITRAL, and the Report of the High-Level Committee to Review Institutionalization of Arbitration Mechanism in India.
The following is an indicative list highlighting the scope of the journal:
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Investment Treaty Arbitration
- Industry-specific issues in Arbitration (for e.g., maritime, construction, oil and gas, etc.)
- Jurisdiction-specific issues in Arbitration
- Inter-State Disputes subject to Arbitration
- Investor-State Dispute Settlement Mechanism
- Institutional Arbitration
- Multilateral Arbitration Conventions
- UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration
- Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards
- Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States
Mode of Submission
- The manuscripts for Volume 10, Issue 1 of IJAL, which is scheduled to be published in July 2021, may be submitted via email to editors[at]ijal.in latest by March 31, 2021.
- The manuscripts will be reviewed by the Board of Editors over the course of twelve (12) weeks after the submission deadline for Volume 10, Issue 1 has elapsed.
- Manuscripts are accepted year-round, on a rolling basis, and any manuscript submitted after the aforesaid deadline will be considered for the subsequent issue i.e. Volume 10, Issue 2.
- Articles, which analyze topics of permanent interest from major national jurisdictions as well as contemporary international issues
- Notes, which cover topical recent developments and on-going debates in the field.
- Book reviews
- Authors are requested to adhere to IJAL’s Contribution Guidelines, available here.
- Authors are requested to provide a declaration stating that the manuscript is original, unpublished, and it is not submitted for consideration to any other law journal.
- Authors are encouraged to read the previous Issues of IJAL for guidance, available here.
For questions about submissions, please contact IJAL’s the Executive Editor at editors[at]ijal.in