The European Capital Markets Institute (ECMI) is calling for a submission of research papers in the area of capital markets and their role in overcoming the COVID-19 crisis.
A committee of academics and international experts will select the best paper and award the author(s) a €5,000 prize and the opportunity to present the findings at the 2020 ECMI Annual Conference, 5-6 November.This prestigious international event brings together hundreds of policymakers, academics and industry representatives to take stock of recent developments in European capital markets and analyse their long-term implications.
Research papers should cover, but are not limited to, one or more of the following areas:
- Impact of COVID-19 crisis on capital markets, in particular the role of market financing in the aftermath of the crisis
- Capital Markets Union as driver of economic recovery and resilience (financing of small, young and innovative companies)
- Operational resilience of market infrastructures (e.g. trade repositories, central counterparties)
- Impact of monetary policies on capital markets, in particular the asset purchase programmes
- Corporate bonds markets (pricing, trading and efficiency)
- Sovereign debt markets (issuance, liquidity provisions, transaction costs, price formation)
- MiFID II (e.g. transparency, liquidity, research coverage, data)
- Asset allocation by retail and institutional investors
- Sustainable Finance (e.g. ESG investment flows and performance)
- Impact of Brexit on European capital markets (e.g. costs of fragmentation, loss of liquidity, equivalence regime)
ECMI encourages the submission of empirical research papers with relevant implications for the European capital markets legislative framework.
Submitted papers should meet the following criteria:
- Papers should be original and not previously published in an academic journal or other official review.
- The submission of the paper should be approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible institutions where the work was carried out.
- Papers should be submitted in English, include an abstract of no more than 200 words, and not exceed 50 pages (including table of contents, appendices, annexes and list of references).
- Any direct contact by one or more of the authors with members of the Academic Committee should be disclosed in the submission email.
- Upon acceptance of the prize, the author(s) of the winning paper will be asked to complete and sign a ‘Declaration of Originality’ and to authorise the publication of the paper in the ECMI Working Paper Series.
- Two files should be sent by email to: [email protected] by 20 September 2020 (midnight) containing:
i. A title page with the title, the abstract and the full contact details of the author(s) (full name, address, job title, affiliation and contact details). Contact details should appear on the front page only; and,
ii. The full text of the paper with title and abstract in anonymous format. No contact details, name or any other direct sign should appear in the paper that could make the text attributable to the author(s) by the reviewer.
- Failure to meet any of the requirements above can result in the exclusion of the paper from consideration in the competition.
- Andrei Kirilenko, University of Cambridge (Chair)
- Florencio Lopez de Silanes, SKEMA Business School (Vice Chair)
- Kris Boudt, Ghent University
- Marie Brière, AMUNDI and Paris Dauphine University
- Jesper Lau Hansen, University of Copenhagen
- Alistair Milne, Loughborough University
- Karel Lannoo (ECMI)
- Apostolos Thomadakis (ECMI)
- Cosmina Amariei (ECMI)
For more details: https://www.ecmi.eu/events/annual-conferences/4th-call-papers
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.