The Arbitration and Corporate Law Review (ACLR) is an initiative of undergraduate law students of Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai. The primary objective of this initiative is to contribute to legal scholarship in the corporate and commercial world as India finds itself in the process of more rapid reform than ever before. After a successful run of publishing legal blogs and obtaining a rank in top 20 arbitration blogs in the world for four consecutive months, we are now aiming to publish a legal journal in pursuance of ACLR’s objectives. For the sake of clarity, the journal shall be referred to as “ACLR”.
About the Journal
ACLR shall be a blind peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary, annual International Journal dedicated to publishing original research, reports, and reviews. The review process shall be a four-tiered. The board of editors will consist of undergraduate and post-graduate students, academics, and legal professionals. Further, this journal shall be under the guidance of “Patrons” consisting of our existing Board of Advisors and Distinguished Members of the Judiciary.
ACLR seeks applications from students and researchers to join the Editorial Collective for Volume I (2021) to maintain the editorial direction of the journal and to ensure engaging, thought-provoking, and original research publications. Currently we have Six Vacancies (6) for this Volume. These vacancies are for different positions, and the same will be allotted based on the credentials of the candidate. The selected candidates may also get the opportunity of working with our blog team if the need should arise.
ACLR welcomes applications from editors with strong academic backgrounds and a keen affinity toward Corporate and Commercial Laws. The following shall be the criteria for selection:
- The applicant must be enrolled in or above 2nd year (5-year course) or 2nd year (3-year course) of the Undergraduate Program.
- The candidate must have a basic understanding in laws related to Company, Arbitration, Securities, Capital Markets and other Commercial laws. Such understanding can be exhibited either through course curriculum in university, internships, moot court competitions, certificate courses or the like.
- The candidate must have at least one publication in a reputed blog or journal or any platform of legal scholarship, however absence of such shall not be the sole criterion for rejection.
- The candidate must have a good command over the English language.
- Preference will be given to candidates having prior editorial experience, however absence of such shall not be a criterion for rejection.
Roles & Responsibilities
The selected candidates shall have the following functions as editor of the journal:
- Topic Selection – Ensuring that the topic falls under the four corners of our theme.
- Preliminary review– Ensuring that the language, grammar and formatting is fit for further review.
- Preliminary changes – Suggesting preliminary modifications to befit the manuscript for further review.
- Content Review Stage I – Ensuring that the content is contemporary relevant, the argument made is sound, and the flow of the document consistent. Under this category, the editor shall undertake thorough research on the subject matter and submit his/her suggestion for publication/rejection.
- Review Report – After the review the editor shall submit a Review Report along with the edited draft to his/her Managing Editor/Senior Associate Editor for further review.
The candidates have to fill the Google Form and upload the following documents in the form latest by 25th November, 2020.
- Statement of Purpose (500 words) explaining why the candidate is suitable for the role.
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages)
- Writing Sample (Academic Paper – At least 3000 words) – It can be an unpublished paper or project. This would be to test the candidate’s command over the language and the ability to produce original thought. Each document shall undergo plagiarism check and plagiarism beyond 15% shall attract disqualification.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.