About the Institute
Law Mantra is a registered charitable trust with the Government of India under the India Trusts Act 1882 (Registration No. 150 in Book Number 4 Vol No 3, 603 of 2018).“
Law Mantra” has headquarters in New Delhi and is a body of Jurists, Advocates, Academicians and Students running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same.
About the Chapter
This Call for Chapters is for contributions in an edited book on the theme “Intellectual Property Rights”. Intellectual property refers to creations of the mind; products born from our thoughts and intellect and encompasses most notable forms of assets envisaged by our minds, such as inventions, literary works, artistic works, songs and music, trademarks, designs and names and images purposed for industrial use.
The concept of intellectual property arose from the imperative need to devise some form of mechanization to protect creations of the mind and thought.
- Theory of intellectual property rights (‘IPRS’)
- National IPR policy
- Data privacy and IPRS
- ADR and IPRS
- IPR vis-a-̀ vis traditional knowledge
- Evolution of biotechnology and patents
- Copyright issues in cyberspace
- Free trade agreement vis-a-̀ vis bio drugs
- IPRs and the challenges of the industry
- Enforcement of IPRS
- Geographical indication
- Industrial design
Note: The said themes are not exhaustive. Authors are open to working on any topic related to the above mentioned theme(s).
- Chapter: Chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. The main title should be in full capitals, bold and centered with a 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author’s names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font.
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to ILI Style, which is attached with this notification.
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s) and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit. All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words.
- Originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected.
- Copyright: The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the Law Mantra.
How to Submit?
- All submissions are to be made via e-mail as word documents (preferably Microsoft Word 2007 or 2010). Authors can submit their manuscripts to Editors at [email protected]
- Submission of Final Paper: 20th August 2020
- Authors who do not follow these guidelines may have their submission returned to them without being reviewed.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- The title of the Chapter should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010).
- The paper must be in single-column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. Main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centered with a 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author’s names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font.
- The length of the paper should not exceed 6,000 words (including footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
- All accepted Chapters will be published in Book bearing ISBN.
- Citation Style MNLU-Nagpur.
Mobile Number: +91 8860257167