About the Blog
Law & Tech Times is a student-run, blind peer-reviewed newsletter based at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. It is the flagship newsletter managed by the students of the University. It was founded with the objective of facilitating research in the field of technological advancements and its interface with law.
Innovation in Information and Communications Technology (ICT), as well as other forms of digitalised products and services, is moving at a much faster rate for legal institutions to regulate the pace of the technological advancement. Technologies like virtual reality, artificial intelligence or blockchain is bringing a paradigmatic shift in the physical world.
There exists much scope for law and policymakers to structuralise the ICTs interventions in our lives. Hence, the Blog Series aims to facilitate discussions related to the legal and regulatory policy considerations for technological advancements and much needed legal framework around them.
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Data Collection and Surveillance
- Tele-medicine or E-health
- Artificial Intelligence
- Virtual Reality
- Cyber-security and privacy
The submissions are, however, not restricted to the aforementioned sub-themes, provided they fall within the ambit of the main theme.
- All submissions must be in Times New Roman, font size 12, spacing 1.5.
- Margins: Left 1.5 Inch, Right 1 Inch, Top 1 Inch, and Bottom 1 Inch.
- The Word limit for each post is 1000-1500 words.
- The relevant sources should be hyperlinked within the article itself.
- Sources of which no link could be provided must be mentioned at the end under bibliography.
- The manuscript should be accompanied by a cover letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institute, contact number, and email for future reference. [Authors are requested to not put their name anywhere in the main manuscript].
- All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- The manuscripts must be e-mailed to [email protected]
- The subject of the e-mail should be titled “Submission for Law & Tech Times Blog Series”.
- Co-authorship of a maximum of 2 persons is permitted.
- The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions or views stated in the submitted Manuscript.
- The language has to be politically neutral and not conflicting with the general guidelines.
- Language use shouldn’t be abusive or result in disrepute of any third person.
- We don’t accept plagiarized content and in case of gross plagiarism found in the contents of the submitted manuscript, the manuscript shall be subject to rejection.
- Copyright of all blog posts shall remain with Law & Tech Times.
- All moral rights shall vest with the author(s).
- The manuscripts not abiding to the above guidelines are liable to be rejected.
- Final Discretion of Acceptance of the Manuscript lies with the Editorial Board after undergoing the procedure of blind peer-review.
The last date of submission is 30th June 2020.
In the case of any query, mail us at [email protected]
Satvik Mishra: +91 9453010047
Dikshi Arora: +91 9024559982
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.