About the Organisation
The Legal Insider is a rapidly growing community of niche academicians, thinkers, activists, lawyers, professors, legal volunteers, paralegals and legal entrepreneurs who stand apart from the rest of the community with their zeal for deep thinking, leadership skills, and dedication for bringing innovation to the legal field.
The erudite response of legal luminaries shall be solicited to enable readers to explore challenges that lie before lawmakers, lawyers and the society at large, in the event of the ever-changing social, economic and technological scenario.
About the Competition
The 1st National Case commentary competition has been conceived with the aim to give exposure to the students to comprehend complex situations and identifying the legal problems or lacunae in the case. This competition can help students in reaching the conclusion of any case by adopting any particular approach.
Note: We will provide sample and guidance to the first-timers for a better understanding of this competition. Try participating in this event so that you can learn something new in this quarantine environment.
Participants have the liberty to choose any one case from the below-mentioned list:
- Indira Gandhi v. Raj Narain (1975)
- ADM Jabalpur v. Shivakant Shukla (1976)
- Mohd Ahmed Khan v. Shah Bano Begum (1985)
- Indra Sawhney v. Union of India (1992)
- State of Tamil Nadu v. Suhas Katti (2004)
- Om Prakash & Ors. v. Dil Bahar & Ors. (2006)
- Mohd Ajmal Amir Kasab v. State of Maharashtra (2012)
- Novartis v. Union of India & others (2013)
- Sushil Ansal v. State thr CBI (2014)
- National Legal Services Authority v. Union of India (2014)
- This shall be an online event.
- At present students/participants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, i.e., 3-year LL.B. Course or 5-year LL.B from any recognized college or university or pursuing LL.M from any recognized university or preparing for the judiciary.
- In one team, no more than 3 participants are allowed. But, however, participants may seek Individual or Single participation. In one team, participants from different universities or schools or colleges are allowed.
- Commencement of Registration: 17th June 2020
- Last Date of Registration: 29th June 2020
- Last Date of Submission: 4th July 2020
- Declaration of Result: 5th July 2020
- 1st prize: Rs 3,000/- & an E-Certificate of Merit
- 2nd prize: Rs. 1,800/- & an E-Certificate of Merit
- 3rd prize: Rs. 900/- & an E-Certificate of Merit
- Top 12 ranks will be awarded an E-Certificate of Merit and An Online Internship with our team.
- Selected case-commentaries of participants are entitled to have their work to be published on our website.
- The content should be the original work of the writer and should not have been given to any other competition or for any publication. Plagiarized content shall not be entertained.
- A soft copy of the participation certificate will be provided to every eligible participant.
Also, send your Name, Year of Study, Branch, and University details along with the screenshot of the payment for completion of registration in the mail id: [email protected]
- The subject of the email: Registration for 1st National case commentary competition, 2020.
- Fee Details: Rs. 200/- per participant. A team may have a maximum of three participants.
- You can use the mode of Paytm UPI or Google Pay at 8169516577.
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Mobile Number: 8169516577
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host