About the Institutions
The ICFAI University, Dehradun was established under the provision of the ICFAI University Act, 2003, (Act No.16 of 2003), enacted by the state of Uttarakhand, India. The University is recognised by the University Grants Commission under Sec 2(f) of UGC Act 1956.
ICFAI Law School, (formerly known as Faculty of Law), a constituent of the ICFAI University, Dehradun is established with an objective of developing a new generation of legal professionals through comprehensive as well as a contemporary body of knowledge integrating law with Management/Humanities.
About the Competition
ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI University, Dehradun is organizing its First National Research Paper Writing Competition in association with Atharva Legal LLP on “Commercial Arbitration pertaining to Sports Law”.
ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI University, Dehradun is organising this Competition to encourage students to improve their research skills and also to enhance their knowledge by researching upon different arenas of Commercial Arbitration with respect to Sports Law.
Commercial Arbitration Pertaining to Sports Law
- Dispute Resolution Mechanism followed by International sporting entities.
- Issues faced by parties post an arbitral award is given by an International Institutional Arbitration Centre.
- Issues pertaining to the execution of CAS arbitral awards in domestic territorial jurisdictions.
- Issues pertaining to governance and mechanisms of CAS
- Scope and extent of mandatory pre-arbitration clauses in commercial agreements pertaining to sporting events.
- Issues faced by commercial bodies in the sporting industry towards execution of foreign arbitral awards.
- E-sports and specialized arbitration mechanisms.
The competition is open for students pursuing LL.B. (3 years and 5 years)/LL.M. course from any recognized university across the country.
- The research paper must be written in English.
- Co-authorship up to two authors is permitted.
- Only one entry is allowed per author.
- Only original research papers will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Any form of plagiarism above 15% as tested by the host institution shall result in disqualification of the research paper entry.
- The research paper must not be more than 5000 words (including footnotes).
- The first page of the research paper must contain the details of the author/s, title of the paper and the name of the college/institution.
- The participants are required to submit research papers in soft copy form.
- All the soft copy submissions in MS Word should be mailed at [email protected]
Note: Upon acceptance of abstract a code shall be provided to each abstract which shall be the only identity in a research paper. Hence, the author has to mention the code in their research paper in order to maintain anonymity.
- Abstract Submission: 10th July 2020
- Intimation for Acceptance: 16th July 2020
- Full Paper Submission: 30th July 2020
- Result: 10th August 2020
- Best Research Paper: Cash Prize of Rs. 6000/- and Certificate of Merit
- Second Best Research Paper: Cash Prize of Rs. 3000/- and Certificate of Merit
- Third Best Research Paper: Cash Prize of Rs. 1000/- and Internship at Atharva Legal LLP and Certificate of Merit
Certificate of participation shall be awarded to all those Participants whose abstracts are selected.
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host