About Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy (“Vidhi”) is an independent think tank doing legal research to make better laws and improve governance for the public good. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future.
About the Opportunity
Vidhi is interested in hiring a Programme Manager for the Samvidhaan Fellowship. The Programme Manager will be coordinating work related to the Samvidhaan Fellowship and will assist the Fellowship Director in running the Fellowship.
Role and Responsibilities
Their key responsibilities will include (but not remain limited to) the following:
Coordinating all Programme-related Activities of the Samvidhaan Fellowship:
Selecting the Samvidhaan Fellows, which will include managing the following:
- Onboarding and orientation of the selected Samvidhaan Fellows;
- Create processes for tracking the progress made by Fellows at regular intervals during the Fellowship year;
- Conceptualise and organise all Fellowship events including the constitutional law summit, the mid-year retreat and the end of year debriefing.
Communications and Advocacy
- Develop a communications and outreach strategy for the Fellowship and all related activities (including selection, orientation and periodic events);
- Assist the Fellowship Director in identifying and engaging with targeted stakeholders working towards taking the Constitution to the People
- Assist with conceptualising and organising all Fellowship activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the Fellowship
- Develop ideas for activities (engaging the Samvidhaan Fellows) that promote a constitutional culture in India
- Work towards increasing the overall impact of the Fellowship through proactive engagements
- Coordinate and liaise with all Fellows to conduct periodic check-ins and track their progress
- Develop a strategy for creating a network of Samvidhaan alumni
- Coordinate with Vidhi’s internal support teams for all internal processes concerning the Fellowship
- Undergraduate degree in law, sociology, political science or any of the other social sciences
- At least 3 years of demonstrable work experience in the domain of programme management and/or legal research
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Experience in managing teams of researchers
- Postgraduate degree in law or a relevant discipline
- Experience in interacting with development sector organisations and civil society groups
- Sustained interest in the Constitution, history or politics
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following merged in one PDF file:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position, in not more than 500 words
- Response to the following question in not more than 500-750 words: “How can the Constitution be made relevant to the lives of people? Suggest an idea, strategy or approach?”
- Names and contact details of two professional referees who may be contacted for references.
The deadline to submit applications is 5 July 2021. The selected candidate will be expected to join from 1 August 2021.
- This is a full-time position based out of Delhi. Owing to the present situation, the Programme Manager will work remotely till further notice.
- The Programme Manager will be engaged in this position for a duration of one year, and renewal shall be subject to performance.
Queries may be sent only through email, titled ‘Vidhi Delhi – Application for Samvidhaan Fellowship Programme Manager’ to [email protected]