About the Organization
Powergrid, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Maharatna Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, coordination, supervision, and control over complete Inter-State transmission system.
General Manager [Law]
Full time Three years LLB or Five years integrated law course with not less than 60% marks or equivalent CGPA as per the formula provided by the Institute/University. Post Graduate qualification in Law with specialization in Commercial/Corporate Law/Labour/Taxation Law will be an added advantage.
Should be working in Government Institutions, PSUs and Autonomous bodies. Should have twenty-two years post qualification experience in Executive/Gazetted officer cadre of organization/ or as practicing lawyer in which at least five (5) years in the following pay scale or equivalent level or higher level in Government Institutions, PSUs and Autonomous bodies:
IDA: Rs. 43200-66000 (pre-revised)/Rs. 100000-260000 (Revised)
For Government Institutions & Autonomous bodies – Pre-revised pay scale of Rs. 37400 – 67000 and Grade Pay of Rs. 8700 or Equivalent revised level in 7th CPC pay matrix.
- Should be well conversant with all legal matters and should have adequate knowledge of Law relating to contracts, Taxation, Labour, Customs, Excise, Land Acquisition, Civil, Corporate Law, Arbitration, Electricity matters, etc.
- The incumbent is also expected to have in-depth knowledge and experience in vetting of deeds, drafting of legal documents besides ensuring compliance with requirements under various Acts, conducting court & arbitration cases, vetting of contracts & rendering legal advice to other departments.
- The candidates should have Business Acumen, Personal Effectiveness, People skills, Ability to Execute, Ability to develop self & others and commitment. Should have excellent leadership qualities and decision-making capabilities, strong interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to lead a team of Law Professionals with result-oriented approach and commitment to quality and assigned targets.
- Experience in PSU, particularly in Power Sector, will be preferred.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through this page.
The Corporation offers a very attractive package and is one of the best in the Industry. Payscale is given below:
Pay Scale: IDA – 182 INR 1,20,000-2,80,000
- Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID and online payment of application fee 7th July 2020 (10:00 Hrs).
- Last Date of receipt of online application and online payment of application fee 6th August 2020 (23:59 Hrs).
- The cutoff date for Eligibility criteria 6th August 2020.
Phone Number: 0124-2822000, 2823000
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.