Senior Vice President, Legal & Compliance
Subordinate of this position
- Counsel company management and leaders and aid in decision-making and prioritization on corporate governance and legal risks associated with various alternative means for achieving business objectives.
- Design and implement legal processes/procedures and establish policies/guidelines as required to secure timely and effective management of legal risks in the organization.
- Advise operational and corporate functions of UD Trucks organizations in all areas of the law (commercial, competition, corporate, employment, IP, etc.).
- Provide legal services and manage wide variety of legal issues relating to the operations of the company, including corporate governance, commercial contracts (technology, research and development, marketing, distribution, aftermarket and technical assistance), disputes, employment and environment.
- Negotiate, draft, review a range of legal documents including multi-jurisdictional terms of business, vendor agreements, commercial agreements, non-disclosure agreements etc. and ensure that contracts are in compliance with legal, regulatory requirements and organizational policies.
- Manage disputes, provide remedial actions in coordination with functions and external counsels, and interface with government /regulatory bodies as required.
- Monitor legal or regulatory changes in India and other relevant jurisdictions and optimize legal compliance: report on legal incidents and litigations, compulsory standards, and develop new processes to secure operations
- Coordinate with other legal counsels within the UDT Group and manage outside legal service providers as required.
Compliance & Ethics – Governance:
- Implement UDT & Group compliance policies and initiatives to raise employee awareness.
- Design, implement and maintain policies and procedures for the UD organization
- Develop implementation plan and provide compliance trainings to employees of all levels.
- Contribute to building and developing UDT compliance framework and culture.
- Lead or support compliance investigations as required.
- L.L.B from a leading University; L.L.M. and/or Company Secretary certification is a plus
- Minimum 7 years law firm practice or in-house experience in India in the areas of general corporate and commercial matters
- Excellent command of English and local languages, both written and spoken
- Overseas work experience or experience working in an international organization
- Excellent analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Solid technical legal knowledge/skills and strong business sense required
- Distinctive problem-solving abilities, synthesizing and communication skills
- Capable of setting clear goals and priorities to manage workload and multiple tasks
- Ability to handle complex legal issues and develop solutions independently.
- A can-do mind-set with high drive and energy – i.e. willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ when/if needed
- Strong personal credibility, integrity and creativity
- Ability to work with others in a multicultural Team/Office environment and to meet stringent deadlines
- Willingness and ability to travel (primarily to Japan and SEA countries) as needed.
Education & Professional experience
- L.L.B. from a reputed university with a good academic record. LLM and/or Company Secretary certification would be added advantage.
Competencies & skills
- English and local language (Hindi & Kannada) are required.
What we can offer
This is a great opportunity for a legal professional already in-house, or in private practice with corporate and commercial experience, to use his/her knowledge and expertise in a broad and varied in-house legal and compliance role, presenting a wide range of challenges. In a function seen as a real partner to the business, this is a great chance to gain exposure to practical challenges requiring both legal knowledge and commercial acumen in a multicultural environment. You will join a team of legal professionals with diverse background and experience, reporting directly to the SVP of Legal & Compliance. This role will primarily support Corporate, Technology, Purchasing, IT functions of UDT based in India, as well as other organizations in the countries in which UDT operates.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
UD Trucks and JVs is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks and JVs develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners.
How To Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.