About the Opportunity
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is looking to hire Law graduates for the job post of Senior Legal Consultant.
Formerly called Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work in 1936, TISS is Asia’s oldest institute for social work. It was founded in 1936 in then Bombay Presidency of British India as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work by the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust.
The year 1964 was an important landmark in the history of the Institute when it was declared Deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act (UGC), 1956.
- Master’s Degree in Law/Women Rights/Human Rights.
- Minimum experience of 5 years of working on legal issues with a special emphasis on women’s rights and gender-based violence.
- Previous experience of working with the Government/NGOs/International Organizations or on policy issues at the national or international level is desirable.
- Good understanding and knowledge of gender rights and gender-based violence issues as well as policies and programs of the Government at the national level.
- Should be prepared to travel for consultations with stakeholders, carrying out an impact assessment, training, and other studies.
- Age limit 35 – 55 years.
- Providing technical inputs/opinions on the issues related to domain area as referred by the Commissioner, WD&CW, and other related works of Sakhi Centres.
- Providing handholding support to Legal Counselors in all 33 districts of the State.
- Attending legal issues/RTI Act cases with regard to Women/children on GBV and to represent the Department in various platforms as suggested by the Commissioner, WD&CW Department.
- Liaising with and strengthen the interface on gender-based violence and legal issues with Ministries/Departments, State Governments/UTs, other relevant institutions, and the civil society.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Detailed resume stating
- Contact details
- Skills and
- Three references
- Original certificates for verification and copies to be submitted.
- The aforementioned documents are to be sent via speed post at the address mentioned hereby. Also, the candidates must send a soft copy of their application and CV to [email protected]
- The hard copies are to be sent to:
Project Leader & Chairperson, School of Gender Studies
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Hyderabad off-campus
K.B. Campus, Turkayamjal, Nagarjuna Sagar Road, Hyderabad 501510
Tel. 7995007701 and 7995007702.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.