About the Organisation
Parantapa Sciences works towards solving complex problems using a data-driven, community-led and design-based approach.
They develop multidisciplinary solutions across analytics, social science, community development, marketing, legal and other areas to solve multi-layered social issues. The organization does field research on social issues in challenging and have clients including Fortune 500 companies, The Indian Government and Non-Profit Organisations.
Number of Vacancies
1 (One): Legal Head
- Minimum experience of eight years with respect to litigation and research & analysis.
- Masters degree from a recognized institution is preferred.
- Considerable experience in legal research.
- Excellent skills in leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent skills in partnership management and communication.
- Deep familiarity with the legal systems in Maharashtra including local-level institutions.
- Extensive trial experience.
- Years of Experience: 8 to 15 years
Roles and Responsibilities
- Hire, manage, mentor and lead a team of in house lawyers and legal researchers.
- Manage partnerships with leading law firms, research institutions, public prosecutors and other legal partners.
- Drive legal research to devise innovative approaches for the use of laws as well as adjacent and complementary laws.
- Work with researchers and analysts to analyse cases to create legal insights that are creative and implementable for cases that the team will work upon.
- Lead the creation of legal Playbooks with leading research institutions for the Anti Trafficking sector to be used by law enforcement and other organisations across India.
- Work with law enforcement including the police to maximise impact through increased convictions.
- Drive legal innovation at the organisation.
- Work with researchers to analyse past cases to identify best practices and how they can be translated into action
- Create training modules for the legal team.
- Create legal trainings for other functions of the organisation.
- Create strategic relationships at local, state and central government level to create support for community legal efforts
- Give insights and information to management when required for presentations, interviews, high level meetings and letters to the government.
- Drive forward innovative research projects such as best practices analysis that are turned into applied interventions ranging from training, state procedures, to evidence collection approaches for police.
- Deeply understand the operational environment of the legal system and devise approaches to best navigate this environment.
- Deeply understand the operational environment of the legal system and work with the state to design changes to this ecosystem that benefit victims of crime.
- Fluent Marathi and English Language.
- Communicative Hindi is desirable.
- Highly creative, lateral thinker who enjoys creating out of the box solutions using information-driven thinking.
- Able to bring unique insights to research and data analysis.
- Comfortable managing unclear problems and working through uncertainty.
- Has worked on multi-disciplinary teams in the past.
- Attention to detail and disciplined with priorities.
- Strong service ethic and a passion for seeking justice for the oppressed.
- Patient; works well under stress.
- Personable; sustained positive attitude.
- Strategic thinker with an interest in learning new skills.
- Diplomatic and flexible.
- Professional in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Able to achieve goals in a cross-cultural and cross-religious setting.
- Effective team player and leader.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment in a flexible and energetic way.
- Be able to solve challenges in creative, enthusiastic, and effective ways.
- Be able to drive a task to completion within a time constraint.
- Be willing to travel and relocate.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates must email their CVs to [email protected]
30% or more hike on current salary depending on CTC.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.