A full-time contractual Research position is available with Professor M P Ram Mohan of the Strategy Area at IIMA, mainly working on legal research. The position starts in October or November 2020. Initial term is for one year. This can be extended depending on the performance and interest of the candidate.
Positions vacant: 1
Salary: Competitive with similar positions in India.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Open to researching a diverse range of legal issues, and have patience to read a number of books and articles relating to law, legal philosophy, legal theories, and commercial and business laws.
– Capacity to undertake serious research in a time bound manner.
– Law graduate (3-year or 5-year course) or post-graduate in law.
IIMA is a research-intensive environment. During your stay you will be able to interact with a range of faculty members and attend regular workshops by both resident as well as visiting faculty members. The RA group is close-knit and participates in the social and cultural life of IIMA. You should consider yourself a good fit for this position if you think you might want to pursue a PhD and want to get some experience to see if a research career is for you.
Areas of Work:
– Restatement of Contract Law
– Constitution, administrative state, regulation and business
– Company law, insolvency and bankruptcy, and competition
– Tort law – covering business and professional negligence
If interested, please email your CV and writing samples (short and long papers) to Ms Vishakha Raj <[email protected]> . Please mention “Research Position under Prof. M P Ram Mohan” in the subject line. Last date to receive the email is October 15, 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview. We will not send out letters/emails of rejection to other applicants. Applicants should assume that they have not been selected for the position if they don’t hear from us by 30 October, 2020. Follow-up emails or telephone calls will not be entertained.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.