We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Counsel, Employment LawOverview
Mastercard has the need for an employment attorney in India supporting India and South Asia. We are looking for someone with solid knowledge of Indian employment law and regulations relevant employment matters, to support our diverse business operations in India. Knowledge of labour laws, benefits and compensation law is a must. Must also have contract negotiation experience or willingness to learn. The qualified candidate will serve as an employment law resource for region counsels in various markets in South Asia as well as the Human Resources function. This challenging position reports to the Senior Vice President, Employment Counsel within Mastercard’s Law Department as well as the lead counsel for the South Asia division.
• Serve as subject matter expert on employment law matters in based out of Pune in India.
• Support specific client groups by serving as the main point of contact for employment matters working closely with Human Resources on a variety of concerns including but not limited to reasonable accommodations, immigration, global mobility, performance management, separation negotiations, responding to administrative complaints, contract labour/contingent workforce management, litigation management and affirmative action.
• Liaise with region generalist attorneys on employment matters outside of India
• Negotiate and draft complex contracts and employment agreements
• Providing counsel on employment matters connected to M&A activities and provide advice during the due diligence phase of potential acquisition targets including advise on employee integration thereafter
.Proactively partner with Human Resources team and guide them on HR policies and help them set processes in place wherever required; and assist with , maintenance of employee handbooks and such other policies relevant to Mastercard employees
• Flexible team player who is willing to take on responsibilities and roles that support the team, department and company
• Interested in significant contact with the business clients on a daily basis
• Ability to execute in a positive and thoughtful manner on how things get done as well what gets done; must be able to distinguish and articulate the risks and the reward and help the business move forward thoughtfully and expeditiously
All About You
• Law degree from a top-tier school
• Solid, complex employment law experience required
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced team environment
• Global mindset and in-house experience, particularly in a multi-national company, is preferred
• Willingness to learn and adapt, as well as motivation to learn about employment laws in other countries and to support other countries outside South Asia where needed
• Strong communication skills with clients and colleagues
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
How To Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.