About the Organisation
Amazon.com, Inc., is an American multinational conglomerate technology company based in Seattle that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for a talented Associate Corporate Counsel to support our rapidly growing and evolving marketplace businesses in India.
In this role, you will counsel our category, marketing, advertising and tech businesses teams on a broad range of legal matters involving Foreign direct investment, Competition law, Legal Metrology, Information technology, Advertising and Intellectual Property laws.
You will be involved in structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. You will work independently with various business teams, serving as counsel for development and launch of key customer features on Amazon.in website. You will be responsible for providing day-to-day legal advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes.
This role will report into Sr. Corporate Counsel. In this role, you will work closely with global legal teams and external counsels.
The successful candidate should have strong experience in a broad range of corporate and business legal issues, especially in the areas of Foreign Direct Investment, Competition Law, Intellectual Property, Privacy law and Information Technology laws.
This position will be based in Bangalore. Some travel, including international travel, will be required.
- Law degree from a leading university or law school.
- Licensed to practice law in India or other common law jurisdiction.
- A minimum of 3+ years of PQE in corporate law firms and/or in-house in multinational corporation, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions.
- The successful candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and being challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent language capability including the ability to communicate orally and to draft legal documents in English.
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.