We are looking for Legal Counsel to be a part of the OLX Group legal team. The candidate will be the lead counsel for the vehicle financing vertical (end-to-end).
The role will report to the Senior Legal Counsel, OLX Autos and will be involved in solving day-to-day legal-lending problems of a fast-paced internet business helping the company navigate through competitive and regulatory challenges.
What you will be doing:
- Solving day to day legal problems of a fast-paced customer facing business
- Providing legal assistance to the business team in relation to operational issues, recovery matters, executive overreach, litigation, arbitration, law enforcement matters etc
- Managing the RBI, NBFC, FDI and other connected compliances for the vehicle financing vertical to ensure that the business continues to operate in a managed risk environment
- Liaison with various law enforcement and regulatory agencies to ensure seamless operations; and
- Formulating and implementing company policies especially in relation to vehicle financing while enabling quick scaling of the business.
Who we’re looking for:
- Minimum 6 years PQE, with experience working with legal department of a Scheduled Bank, RBI registered NBFC with focus on disbursing vehicle loans and recovery. Relevant experience with technology driven fintech businesses will be an added advantage
- Deep understanding of banking and NBFC related laws and their implementation in day-to-day financing business
- Good command over civil, criminal, insolvency, debt recovery and bankruptcy procedures.
- Experience in debt collection and recovery especially from end consumers and MSMEs; working experience in engaging repossession agencies, collection agencies, and recovery agents will be helpful
- Well-rounded problem solver with good project and stakeholder management skills, eager to work and learn in a fast-paced business. People with previous work experience with fast-paced businesses and the ability to negotiate through uncertainties. The role is expected to be an individual contributor and should be ready to “make the coffee” (pick up the smallest of tasks) while being responsible to the business management.
What we’ll give you:
- Opportunity to be part of a global start-up and the ability to contribute towards building an exciting business
- Opportunity to be part of the extended leadership team of the company
- Part of a larger global team comprising of ~50 lawyers across 40 countries
- Great global and peer learning opportunities – being part of a young and dynamic legal team;
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope you join us! If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look at the other parts of our website. And remember, we are equal opportunities employers.
How to Apply?
Apply Online here: OLX – Legal Counsel – Financing (lever.co)