About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To support the Head, Legal, Group Commercial as a member of the Bank’s Group Commercial Legal Centre of Excellence based in Bangalore. The role will have a specific focus on supporting procurement and commercial contracts with vendors and other third parties across the Bank’s global footprint.
- To manage the Group Commercial Legal centralized mailbox on all incoming matters for legal support, reviewing the request for completeness and following up with requesters/SCM for additional information wherever required and triaging the request to lawyers in the Commercial Legal Team following the guidelines.
- To draft, review and validate global procurement contracts (technology and non-technology) like NDAs, proof of concept agreements, SOWs, Order Forms, change orders, to ensure they meet the Group’s third-party contract standards and applicable law.
- To assist with contractual queries from business stakeholders and supply chain in case of any ambiguity. Provide clarity on contract language by conducting contract review and research and provide analysis and recommendation accordingly.
- To assist the legal teams across the Bank to ensure appropriate overall matter management. Where external counsel is appointed, to manage the engagement and external legal costs.
- To provide stakeholders with accurate and timely information and advice regarding the status of contract matters.
- To keep up to date with relevant policies and procedures and applicable law.
- To assist with continuous improvement initiatives in relation to contract processes and workflow.
- To support on team administration tasks where required.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Commercial: pragmatic, creative, practical and solution-oriented.
- Proactive: able to use initiative and ready to identify issues without being asked and provide advice accordingly.
- Profile: Able to work with various levels of management.
- Flexible: able and willing to work long hours and, at short notice, travel to, and work in, challenging environments for periods of time (if required).
- Team player: personable, responsible, helpful.
- Organised: able to prioritise workload and manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail to highlight potential risks in contracts and errors.
- Reliable, tactful, discreet, diplomatic: able to work with board members, other senior staff and persons of different nationalities and from different cultures, have good judgment and strong decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated: able to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Energetic: enthusiastic about the role, the function and the Group.
- Responsibility and perseverance.
- Highest professional standards.
- Supply Chain Management
- Group Legal teams (including Technology Legal)
- Country Legal teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must be a qualified lawyer in a common-law jurisdiction (solicitor, attorney or barrister) with 1-3 of years’ post qualification experience.
How to Apply?
Apply Online here: Job Description – Legal Counsel, Group Commercial (2100029693) (taleo.net)