About the department:
Global Legal-Global Business Services (GL-GBS) at Bangalore was established in 2011 and assists Global Legal Organisation across International Operations, North America Operations and Headquarters. The unit is anchored under Global Legal Operations and is responsible to deliver various legal and project management services in most standardised and centralised manner.
The unit provides services like end to end contract management, trademark portfolio management, legal and compliance, project coordination, automation and digital services including system maintenance.
As an Associate Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for assisting Global Legal Organization and line of business (LoB) in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts that Novo Nordisk enters into with its suppliers.
You will be involved in reviewing and drafting of the contracts on the basis of Novo Nordisk standard templates or contracts received from counterparties and routing the contracts for approvals and signatures through a contract lifecycle management system.
You will also be responsible for responding to contractual queries received from Line of Business within agreed turnaround time.
At a high level, you will:
- Assist Global Legal Organization and line of business (LoB) in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, and perform other contract management related tasks
- Contract review in collaboration with Global Legal Lawyers and line of business
- Review contracts, either contracts prepared on the basis of Novo Nordisk standard templates or contracts received from counterparties;
- Prepare and draft contracts in collaboration with Global Legal lawyers when no standard template is available;
- Take responsibility of end-to-end process of contracting for low and mid complex contracts
- Responding to complex contractual queries;
- Identification of risks and issues, and suggesting alternatives that lead to the best solution;
We are expecting you to hold the below skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s or master’s Law degree
- Overall experience of 2-4 years in a legal/contract management function in the corporate world
- Strong understanding of contractual terms and conditions to draft, review, negotiate contracts
- Excellent English script and speech writing ability
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we have been changing diabetes since 1923. If you are ready to strengthen our position as an innovative pioneer and respected industry leader, we encourage you to join us to make the most of your talent. In exchange, we offer you the opportunity to work with extraordinary talent globally and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.
11th Dec 2021