Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Drafting communications for review by the GCO for the purpose of preservation and collection of evidence in response to document requests, government regulatory inquiries and subpoenas.
- Communicates directly with individual departments to identify and gather documents and data responsive to subpoenas and other formal requests. Responsible for compliance with document preservation requirements.
- Manages document productions (for subpoenas and litigation) by coordinating the gathering of responsive hard copy and electronic documents from practice offices via gathering memos, organizing responsive documents, arranging for imaging/copying and document production with external vendors.
- Reviews documents and case materials to gather factual information relevant to matters handled by GCO.
- Reviews and redacts documents to protect confidential client and personal identifying information.
- Facilitates the production and review of electronic workpapers applications in response to document production requests.
- Drafts objections and responses to written discovery requests.
Maintains detailed indexes and diaries of productions for litigation, investigatory and subpoena matters.
- Digests, analyzes, abstracts and indexes transcripts.
- Collects and/or identifies deposition and trial testimony for input into legal databases.
- Creates and maintains legal databases.
- Ensures that all documents prepared are compliant with EY policies.
- Maintaining an understanding of the impact of changes in EY policies, organizational structure, and procedures.
- Reviews and summarizes abstracts and transcript data and creates indexes so material is easily referenced by GCO attorneys and auditors.
Skills and attributes for success
- Exercises independent judgment to identify issues that require US GCO attorney input for resolution.
- Uses prior case experience and knowledge to identify issues for escalation that could otherwise jeopardize EY’s standing in a case.
- Considers issues relevant to client confidentiality and the protection of personal identifying information.
- Exercises judgment in outlining the applicable methodologies utilized based upon the time period of the case along with their knowledge of EY’s various workpaper systems.
- Assesses the thoroughness or completeness of EY responses to document requests, regulatory investigations and subpoenas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and vendors;
- Ability to team effectively with onshore legal team and colleagues in other functions;
- Ability to grasp, understand, and accurately articulate and document the requirements;
- Highly responsive with ability to manage high workload volumes efficiently and effectively;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Strong communication and English language (verbal and written) skills;
- Solutions – oriented with relentless focus on world class execution of projects and tasks;
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment and ability to work cooperatively with other teams and country practices, demonstrating cultural sensitivity;
- High levels of personal energy and appetite for work and success.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills in the Office Suite (primarily Word and Excel) and Relativity.
Experience and qualifications
- Law Graduate, with 3-5 years of experience in document production, document review and redaction, and electronic discovery; and
- Familiarity with fundamentals of the United States (US) legal system.