Applications are invited from qualified Indian Citizens for appointment to the following post in the High Court of Kerala. Candidate shall apply online through the Recruitment Portal (www.hckrecruitment.nic.in). No other means/modes of application will be accepted.
- Recruitment Number: 01/2021
- Name of the Post: Assistant
- Scale of Pay: 239300-83000
- Number of vacancies and Validity of Ranked List: 55 (FIFTY FIVE) (Anticipated) (Vacancies that may arise during the period of validity of the ranked list shall also be filled up from the list. The ranked list prepared pursuant to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year from the date on which it is brought into force and shall continue to remain in force until the publication of a fresh list or till the expiry of two years, whichever is earlier)
- Method of Appointment: Direct Recruitment
- Age Limit:
- Candidates bon between 02/01/1985 and 01/01/2003 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribe bom between 02/01/1980 and 01/01/2003 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes bom between 02/01/1982 and 01/01/2003 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are the members of the High Court Service working in the categories having pay scales below that of Assistant born between 02/01/1981 and 01/01/2003 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply. Candidates claiming age relaxation under this clause shall take their chances for appointment purely on the basis of merit and shall be considered against open competition vacancies only.
- A candidate who is an Ex-serviceman or Ex-general Reserve Engineer Force person or a disembodied Territorial Army person, in reckoning the age for his eligibility for appointment can exclude the period of his service in the defer forces or in the General Reserve Engineer Force or in the Territorial Army, as case may be, and the period of unemployment on discharge up to a maximum of five years provided he has not completed the age of 50 years.
- Age relaxation upto 15 years will be granted to the blind and the deaf and dumb candidates and 10 years to orthopaedically disabled candidates subject to the condition that in no case upper age limit shall exceed 50 years. (vii) Age relaxation upto 5 years will be granted to widows, subject to the condition that in no case upper age limit shall exceed 50 years.
Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks (no stipulation of marks in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes), OR Master’s Degree OR Law Degree, awarded or recognised by any of the Universities in Kerala.”
Desirable: Knowledge in Computer Operations.
- If a candidate possesses only Bachelor Degree with less than 50% marks, he/she is not eligible to apply for the post. Rounding off to the nearest integer is not allowed. (For eg. 49.5% cannot be rounded off to 50%).
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA or letter grade is awarded in a qualifying examination, equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University/Institute where candidate studied. Candidate shall also obtain a certificate to this effect canland from University/Institute which shall be required at the time of from Interview.
- Candidates must have acquired all the qualifications on or before the date of closure of Step II process of online application. 8. Mode of Selection: The selection will be on the basis of Objective Test, Descriptive Test and interview. The Objective Test will be for 100 Marks to be answered in OMR Answer Sheet and Descriptive Test for 60 marks to be written on separate answer sheets. Immediately after the Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.