- Advertisement -
Position – Employment Counsel
Job Description Bytedance India is looking for a Compliance & Employment Counsel. This lawyer will be based in our Gurugram office and will report to the India Regional Counsel or its delegate. The Company is looking for a lawyer with a minimum of 5+ years of PQE. The primary job responsibility is to support the Bytedance India business in the domains of Regulatory Compliance & Employment law matters. This role offers an exciting, fast-paced, and challenging opportunities for a lawyer.
- Provide legal support to the various HR teams of Bytedance India, including HR Business Partners, recruitment team, compensation and benefits, HR operations, etc.
- Drafting and advising on Company policies, employee-related documentation such as employment contracts, offer letters, etc.
- Supporting HR in Employee Relations matters, internal investigations, performance management, terminations, employee discipline, and redundancies
- Monitoring developments in employment law/labour law & statutory compliances in India, and proactively advise the Company on developments that may impact business or operations.
- Oversee and manage the statutory compliance process of Bytedance India- including periodic compliances, audits, training programs, etc.
- Manage external agencies supporting the Statutory compliances for Bytedance India, and act as a liaison between the internal teams and external vendors.
- Support and advice the Company in relation to statutory audits, notices, enquiries, etc., received from statutory regulators such as EPFO, ESIC, Labour officers, etc.
- Qualified Indian lawyer with at least 5+ years of PQE, with god exposure to employment laws/labour laws and statutory compliance
- Should have supported organisations on employment laws/labour laws and managed statutory compliance function, with expertise in developing creative & constructive solutions to mitigate legal risks
- Since the role involves multiple teams, essential to have good communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to work as a team player, and ability to provide concise legal advice
How to Apply?
Application Link – https://job.bytedance.com/en/position/detail/6786954821032216839
Position – Legal Counsel- Monetization
Employer Details: Founded in 2012, ByteDance is a technology company operating a range of content platforms that encourage and inspire creating and communication. They are one of the first companies to launch mobile-first products powered by machine learning technology. It has a presence in over 150+ Countries and supports 75 languages worldwide. It’s most popular products include TikTok, Vigo Video, Toutiao, News Republic, TopBuzz, BuzzVideos, Helo, etc. In News-The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2018- Bytedance # 16 Reporting to Regional Counsel-India or it’s delegate. To be part of the International legal team
Lead and manage all legal aspects of transactions with varying levels of risk (including drafting, negotiation, review, and interpretation of agreements and business arrangements) related to Confidentiality, Influencers, Content Licensing (especially negotiating with media rights holders such as music and entertainment, sports, etc), Publishing, Advertising, Marketing, Agencies, Service Providers, Development and Partnerships.- Provide tactical and strategic advice to ByteDance’s business and product leaders related to commercial and technology transactions, partnerships and advertising.- Develop and apply policies and practices relating to content moderation and advertisement reviews arising under laws and regulations governing the usage and distribution of user-generated and/or marketing content, including those related to privacy, copyright, trademark, defamation, and right-of-publicity law, along with regulatory rules and industry best practices-Advise the organization on legal issues and risks, company policies, and business strategy-Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations and keep up to date with respect to latest laws, amendments and case laws.
Job requirement:-LL.B and LL.M. from a leading university (foreign university will be a plus)-At least 8 years of experience practising law at a top-tier law firm or in-house at a global technology company in Technology / IT / ITeS / Media industry, highly desirable;-Relevant speciality experience practising law related to licensing, advertising, marketing, internet, technology, media, IPR, privacy issues (the US, EU and CBRs) general commercial transactions and litigation, is a plus;-Extensive knowledge and experience in general commercial matters including drafting, vetting and negotiating various agreements and legal advisory-Excellent analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills-Ability to multitask and to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and while demonstrate sound judgement under high stress,time-critical deadlines and excel in team work-Excellent research and problem-solving skills
How to Apply?
Application Link – https://job.bytedance.com/en/position/detail/6786951468185291022