The Senior Legal Counsel will assist the Group Head Legal and provide legal support to all aspects of Essilor India Private Limited’s (EIPL) businesses in Greater India and its group companies in different locations across India and abroad – ranging from commercial, manufacturing, compliance, operations, procurement, finance and corporate activities. He / She will be responsible for legal drafting, corporate advisory, compliance, litigation and M&A.
This position reports directly to Group Head Legal.
This position is an individual contributor role.
• Oversee the formulation and implementation of short-term and long-term goals and plans to improve the efficacy of the legal department in order to provide quality services to the leadership team on business activities covering procurement, joint ventures, disputes, contracts and general corporate activity.
• Proactively safeguard company interest by having clear risk mitigation strategies after identifying and prioritising legal risks, emerging regulatory or other issues and threats that may affect the EIPL business.
• Support Group Head Legal on strategic M&A activities.
• Advice on contracts, prevailing legal risks and liabilities associated with different deals undertaken by EIPL or its group companies
• Draft and negotiate all kinds of Contracts, SOPs, and Guidelines for internal clients.
• Provide legal opinions, legal interpretations, and recommendations on issues related to labour & employment laws, litigation, commercial laws, transfer of property, intellectual property etc..
• Manage disputes with third parties.
• Manage regulatory compliance in EIPL and its group companies.
• Keeping up with current changes in all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company’s legal function
• Ensure Implementation of global procedures and policies of Essilor in Essilor India Private Limited and group companies
• Provide training to internal clients on compliance, antitrust and general corporate/Essilor group guidelines.
• Prepare and manage budgets
• Periodically update business and senior management on the progress of all critical issues.
• 9-12 years of experience as an in-house counsel. Prior litigation and law firm experience would be an added advantage.
• Qualified LLB, preferably from a Tier 1 law school.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Experience in managing a team is a plus
• Good drafting skills.
• Having hands-on experience in M&A transaction and Litigations.
• Demonstrated ability to create proactive strategies for internal clients
• Capacity to handle complexity and manage priorities within agreed timelines
• Strong professional ethics
• An energetic and dynamic personality with a willingness to take on challenges and find solutions
• Team player
• Willingness to be “hands-on”
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills – Capacity to handle the multicultural environment and people at all levels of the organization
• Above all, having a lot of patience and perseverance to achieve results
How to Apply?
Apply on Essilor’s Website
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.