Värde Partners is a $14 billion global alternative investment firm that employs a value-based approach to investing across a broad array of geographies, segments and asset types, including corporate and traded credit, real estate, mortgages, financial services, real assets and infrastructure. The firm sponsors and manages a family of private investment funds with a global investor base that includes foundations and endowments, pension plans, insurance companies, other institutional investors and private clients. Now in its third decade, Värde employs more than 300 people globally with regional headquarters in Minneapolis, London and Singapore.
Värde’s investing activities are guided by the following investment philosophy: (i) search opportunistically for undervalued or inefficient markets; (ii) invest in financial assets at a discount to their intrinsic value; (iii) identify catalysts for value recognition; (iv) pursue medium-term investment horizons, and (v) manage risk through diversified investment programs and trading strategies.
Our firm’s core values of Integrity, Excellence, Collegiality, Innovation and Humility are apparent in our workplace every day. Värde employees are rewarded for their contributions, especially their passion, expertise and ideas. For more information, please visit our website at www.varde.com. If you would like to be considered for employment with Värde Partners, please review our open roles on our careers page.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice and support for Indian investment activities
- Partner with Investment Professionals and external legal counsel to ensure Värde’s legal transactional product is of high quality, thorough and timely and that the interests of Värde and its investors are appropriately protected
- Work with Investment Professionals and Business Professionals to develop and maintain investment structures that optimize returns whilst managing legal risks and execute transactions
- Coordinate with the Chief Counsel – Global Investments and Legal Counsel, Asia Pacific to address material legal issues and ensure that investments comply with the parameters of Värde’s funds
- Manage and coordinate external legal counsel
- Triage legal work associated with Indian investment activities and appropriately elevate material legal risks
- Keep informed of industry-specific Indian regulations to ensure compliance and appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Analyze legal and regulatory issues for their impact on specific Indian investments, investment strategies and investment vehicles
- In collaboration with Värde’s compliance professionals, provide legal advice and oversight for Indian investment vehicles, regulatory matters and anti-money laundering/anti-bribery compliance
- Coordinate with Värde’s Corporate Secretary to prepare, review and maintain corporate books and records for Värde’s Indian entities and facilitate board processes and meetings
- Anticipate and guard against legal and regulatory risks facing Värde’s India business
- In coordination with the Chief Counsel – Global Investments and Värde’s compliance professionals, serve as a contact with Indian regulators with respect to examinations, investigations, and data requests
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within the Indian regulatory risk management community, industry experts and the broader investment adviser community
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested
- Law degree and legal license in good standing to practice in India
- Significant (10+ years) in a corporate legal department or major law firm
- Significant financial services experience with a strong knowledge of corporate, securities and commercial law. Restructuring/bankruptcy experience is preferred but not required
- Advanced understanding of regulations relating to investment advisors, foreign investment into India and Indian financial services matters and global ethical conduct standards
- Experience with Indian financial services regulators including RBI and SEBI
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to provide solid commercial advice and consultation and proactively arrive at practical solutions
- Ability to effectively multi-task and appropriately prioritize competing demands in a fluid environment
- Strong communication, analytical, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills and judgment
- Ability to delegate effectively and manage the work of others (including external counsel) using a collaborative approach
- Ability to read and interpret complex regulations and apply them to Värde and explain complex transactional matters to non-legal personnel
- Relationship skills for working with all levels of the global organization, advisors, counterparties and regulators
- Personal characteristics of self-confidence, resourcefulness, initiative, detail orientation, self-motivation, discipline, willingness to assume responsibility for decisions and the ability to deal effectively with people in a variety of relationships and situations
- Fluency in English
How to Apply?
Application Link is here
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates.