Microsoft has an immediate opening for an experienced senior attorney to assist in Microsoft’s continuing commitment to comply with laws, regulations and policies governing its business, finance, and accounting activities across India. As part of CELA’s Global, Commercial, Field Group (GCFG) organization, the attorney will oversee and conduct internal investigations and provide legal advice on compliance issues and programs to various Microsoft entities in India, including the sales and marketing organization (GSMO), as well as the Research & Development entity (Microsoft Research) and the various engineering teams (India Development Center, Azure Global Engineering).
Microsoft India is a fascinating region to build one’s diverse work experience and enriching career development, as it is the only region in the world (outside of US) to have all MS Subsidiaries, including LinkedIn and GitHub. It collectively employs over 11,000+ employees (and growing YoY) and have offices in over 8 cities. As an example, Cloud-mix share of GSMO India revenues is now 55%+ and is projected to cross 70% in the next 3 years, compared to on-prem. India is the largest democracy in the world and is known for its “unity in diversity” ecosystem.
Responsibilities for this role will also include serving as a trusted advisor to senior leaders of the organizations, various compliance committees, providing counseling and training (ethics & integrity) to Microsoft employees along with other legal and compliance functions, and working with internal stakeholders to mitigate compliance risk. Travel is required to complete certain investigations and engage with business clients and colleagues in India, Asia and Microsoft’s corporate headquarters in Redmond, Washington, USA.
The job is located in Gurgaon/New Delhi, India – the headquarters for GSMO India.
- Supervise and conduct sensitive internal investigations, including developing the plan of investigation, conducting subject and witness interviews, analyzing evidence, drafting investigation memoranda, and remediating issues identified.
- Work with business leadership, compliance committees and multi-disciplinary teams including in HR, Finance, CELA and other stakeholders to analyze compliance and related legal risks, resolve issues, and implement overall business strategy.
- Contributing to building a culture of ethics & integrity in Microsoft India’s entities, including through driving learning sessions through case studies in senior leadership board and other relevant business managers groups, or company-wide forums, various ethical culture programs designed at headquarters or locally, training sessions etc.
- Manage complex projects and communications across diverse stakeholders, including playing a strong Compliance community leadership role in Asia and globally, by developing and leverage best practices and building on the success of others.
We are looking for someone with the following competencies
- Strong commitment to and reputation for ethics and integrity; ability to exercise independent judgment, objective thinking, and decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, communication, and interviewing skills.
- Outstanding analytical and writing ability, with a keen sense of dealing with the business data and the details of a matter.
- A firm understanding of relevant laws and regulations applicable to U.S. companies, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), as well as an appreciation of pertinent accounting and finance principles.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations.
- Ability to apply sound, principled, and consistent judgment in a fast-moving and challenging legal and business environment.
- Ability to analyze complex financial, business, and legal issues and communicate them in a clear and concise fashion.
- Prior experience working across diverse cultures and managing and building strong client relationships.
- A strong grasp of employment, privacy, and other requirements relating to internal investigations.
- A law degree from a reputed law school. Master’s higher degree would be a plus but not a requirement.
- 8+ years of work experience in a government agency, international law firm, or in-house legal department. In-house Microsoft experience will be a huge plus.
- Strong experience in dealing with compliance and/or internal investigations in or on behalf of a multi-national company or other large complex organization.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Experience in dealing with diverse cultures preferred.
- Willingness to travel as required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
How to Apply?
Application Link on Microsoft’s Website
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates.