28,000 associates of more than 100 nationalities deliver high quality and affordable medicine on time, every time, safely and efficiently.
As Head Legal NTO Operations Centre, Hyderabad, sit on the Site Leadership Team; define the legal strategy for the Operations Centre and support the implementation and execution of the broader strategy of the Operations Centre. Provide support to the broader NTO APAC function across India, Bangladesh and Pakistan leveraging on the Novartis Technical Operations (NTO) regional and country legal organization to drive initiatives and standardization.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Member of the NTO Operations Centre Hyderabad Site Leadership Team and works with other members of the team to define and execute the strategy of the Operations Centre and design a process for effective legal support.
• Member of the NTO APAC Legal Team and actively contributes to the design and execution of the function’s strategy.
• Manage NTO legal matters occurring in all NTO categories, including negotiating complex agreements, supporting day to day projects and managing any legal matters associated with ESO, procurement, managing disputes and litigation and assist management decisions in India, Pakistan or Bangladesh.
• Assesses and manages legal risks to NTO APAC, by providing robust legal analysis balancing competing interests in the best overall company interest.
• Support the development and roll-out of standardized processes, including template agreements and training materials.
• Act as a strong business partner regarding drafting, reviewing and negotiating various types of contracts related to the sourcing of goods and services from third parties and the provision of services to other Novartis group companies adopting a business-focused approach. Managing contract documentation, defining negotiation strategies, handling and resolving disputes (e.g. defects, delays etc.), drafting of legal opinions and legal documents.
• Develop and maintain best practices.
• Drives legal excellence throughout NTO.
• Advise on legal aspects of compliance policies, procedures, training and risk assessments.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Sound ability to solve problems.
- Ability to devise and implement a strategy appropriate for a new and fast-growing business.
- Excellent team player.
- Demonstrates good leadership skills.
- Ability to become an integral part of the NTO Operations Centre LT and to adapt a proactive approach in finalizing projects and deals.
- Providing appropriate advice that protects the Company from unnecessary risks but balances risk and reward.
- Able to set priorities and manage a wide-ranging workload under time pressure.
Law school graduate & Bar member or eligibility.
Languages: Fluency in English essential.
• 15-18 years legal experience; ideally gained within a healthcare / pharmaceutical environment, or alternatively, with a top-tier law firm.
• Experience of advising on supply chain and procurement matters. Good working knowledge of Indian law and relevant Asian legislation.
• Good drafting skills and ability to analyze complex legal issues.
• Strong verbal & written communication skills; together with a high ability to influence and negotiate.
• Proven ability to deal positively when working within tight time pressures & demanding clients.
• Strong experience in handling a high volume of activity involving multiple, often complex projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrate professional & culturally sensitive work ethic.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of
that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask
ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative
people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re
given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re
empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by
people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical
Division – Novartis Technical Operations
Business Unit – NTO STRATEGY & OPERATIONS
Country – India
Work Location – Hyderabad, AP
Company/Legal Entity – Nov Hltcr Shared Services Ind
Functional Area – Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance
Job Type – Full Time
Employment Type – Regular
Shift Work – No
How to Apply?
Apply on Novartis Website