About the Institution
Gujarat National Law University is a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the state of Gujarat. The university is located at Gandhinagar, which is the capital of Gujarat and is located 23 kilometres north of the city of Ahmedabad.
Gujarat National Law University is opening a job post of Senior Research Assistant (Law). This appointment is for 364 days and contractual in nature.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of Dean, Research and in-coordination with GNLU Center for IPR and overall direction of the Director, GNLU the incumbent shall perform the following roles and responsibilities in consultation with GUJCOST:
- Conduct library and internet-based interdisciplinary research in the fields of IPR and closely associated areas in collaboration with teaching and research staff including honorary members.
- Compilation, Categorization and analysis of law and policies in IPR.
- Organize workshops, training, conferences and seminars for stakeholders in areas of IPR.
- Publish policy papers, reports on cutting edge issues in relevant area.
- Provide high quality research, material and visionary plans in respective area.
- Carry out surveys, undertake field visits for collection of data and preparation of regular research reports in respective area.
- Interact with internal and external agencies, including faculty, policy makers legal experts, builders associations, town planners, researchers and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and plan various events related to assigned project, including seminars, round table discussions and conferences.
- Undertake independent, guided research related to the assigned project with a view to publication.
- Develop, plan, execute, monitor and report interdisciplinary research in collaboration with external universities, institutions, government departments, industrial and economic agencies, judiciary within India and abroad etc.
- Conduct research based training and extension activities.
- Perform any other duties including administrative, coordination, etc. as required to achieve the aims and objectives of the University and GUJCOST.
- Master’s Degree in Law with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Good knowledge of latest national and international research trends and developments in the fields of IPR.
- Ability to conceptualize and organize international training workshops and brainstorming online/on-site discussions apart
- Fluency in English language.
- Experience in teaching/research in premier law universities/colleges/firms in the area of IPR.
- National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Excellent inter-personal and team-building skills.
- Ability to innovate and to improve academic programmes or services and to pursue interesting new ideas and new methods.
Remuneration of INR 28,000 per month (Fixed)
How to Apply?
Walk-in-Interview Date: Friday, 26 June, 2020. Reporting time for walk-in Interview: 1000 hrs.
Candidates are required to bring three copies of their resume with photograph affixed on all copies, original and one set of photocopy of their Academic certificates, Experience certificate and other documents.
Address: The Registrar, Gujarat National Law University, Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba, Gandhinagar 382426, Gujarat (INDIA)
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +91 (79) 2327 6611 / 12