About the Organization
- 5+ years of working experience as an in-house lawyer in the Indian media and entertainment industry or as an associate in a law firm specializing in the area of media and entertainment.
- Meticulous understanding of Intellectual property laws, Civil Procedure Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Penal Code, Information Technology Act and Constitution of India.
- Production clearance experience for film and/or television series, including managing production personnel and negotiating and drafting license agreements, no objection letters, release forms, etc., for a wide variety of production materials.
- Good knowledge of filmed entertainment and the production process.
- Seasoned experience with dealing in complex right transactions for acquisition/license of book rights, underlying copyrightable works rights and content rights.
- Experience managing heavy workflow and cross-vertical collaboration independently.
- Outstanding communication skills and a bias toward creative and innovative thinking.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment interacting with production houses, cross-functional departments and vendors.
- Highly collaborative and responds positively to change and new ideas. Curious and eager to tackle matters outside the area of expertise.
- Sense of humour!
- Identify IP-related risks in our content and help creative teams navigate them.
- Collaborate with creative and business and legal affairs teams to acquire and develop IP, then shepherd it through production and distribution.
- Analyze trademark clearances, including multi-jurisdiction searches in collaboration with the trademark team.
- Manage intellectual property claims in a pre-litigation stage.
- Collaborate with litigation and public policy teams for litigation and regulatory work that involves IP issues.
- Rapidly respond to production clearance issues and queries of the production houses and the creative team
- Develop and implement production clearance strategies for Indian content created locally by team India.
- Conduct a chain of title review for complex rights acquisition and provide concise and pragmatic analysis.
- Negotiate and draft license agreements, release forms and no objection letters etc. for a wide variety of production materials.
- Collaborate with the marketing legal team to advise on IP-related issues in marketing and promotional content.
- Work on creating innovative workflows/projects between IP and other teams to drive more efficiency.
How to Apply?
Apply on Netflix’s Website
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates.