Do you want to be part of the digital transformation journey of key companies in India by supporting the sales of innovative technologies such as cloud, AI, and IoT in with one of most exciting, innovative, and admired companies in the world? The Microsoft Commercial External and Legal Affairs (CELA) team is looking for a dynamic and talented Commercial Attorney to support the Microsoft India sales and marketing business. CELA in India is a multi-disciplinary team with experienced attorneys and diverse professionals.
Position: Commercial Attorney
Location: Delhi or Bengaluru
Reporting to: Commercial Legal and Developer Lead for India
- Perform the role of a Commercial Attorney to support the Global Sales and Marketing Organization (GSMO) and Business Development in India. The attorney will work very closely with the business leadership of Microsoft India.
- Provide strategic legal support for the overall subsidiary priorities, in particular, help accelerate sales, deployment and consumption of innovative technologies in India. Partner on the development of new business models and differentiators to help Microsoft win in the India market.
- Provide contracting support including drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements.
- Be a strategic advisor to the internal clients on the impact of the rapidly changing regulatory landscape on emerging technologies, such as data protection and privacy, intermediate liability, and intellectual property.
- Work on local solutions for the market and advocate for emerging markets with our headquarters in the Redmond, Washington.
- Provide readiness on various legal and risk topics to internal clients along with support from the worldwide CELA teams and outside counsel.
- Proactively develop process-related improvements to facilitate and increase the speed and efficiency of the CELA team support to internal clients.
- Collaborate with business clients, Operations, Finance, Tax, CELA colleagues and other subject matter experts within Microsoft on a variety of legal and policy issues, with an emphasis on building an efficient legal framework to Microsoft businesses.
- Evangelize Microsoft technologies and our compliance story with legal and compliance communities through trade association outreach, social media leadership, etc.
- LLB from a reputed law school in India;
- Minimum of 5+ years as a practising attorney with a portion of that at a top tier law firm or the legal department of a multinational company or India company with international experience;
- Significant familiarity with Contract, Corporate, Data Protection, and Intellectual Property laws and concepts.
- Strong written and oral skills in English, including the ability to draft persuasive outreach and advocacy documents in that language;
- Strong negotiation skills; and
- Availability for travel.
- Prior experience with cloud computing, AI, IoT, Blockchain is a distinct advantage; and
- Prior experience with technology companies in India or abroad.
Desired Personal Attributes
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced sales environment with minimal supervision;
- “Team player” who enjoys partnering with cross-functional teams to solve complex issues in a highly matrixed environment;
- A service-oriented individual who addresses business requests for legal advice promptly and crisply.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in ambiguous situations;
- Inquisitive and curious – enjoy learning new technical concepts, tackling cutting-edge legal issues and thrives on change;
- Possesses impeccable oral and written communication skills; and
- Strong analytical skills that enable the candidate to quickly identify legal issues in a complex and ambiguous environment, assess the risk associated with those issues and develop solutions by exercising confident judgment.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
How to Apply?
Application Link is on Microsoft’s Website
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates.