The Collection & Underwriting department focuses on the collection of the bank’s various loan products like Home Loans, Car Loans, and Personal Loans among others. While Underwriting department focuses on risk mitigation towards the loan offered to the customers. The department is key for the Loans business vertical as it is responsible for controlling & ensuring timely EMI collection & maintaining risk of the business
About the Role:
The Legal Area Manager is responsible for supporting the legal functions required by the Collection / Recovery function of the business. They should provide complete legal support for resolution of Secured, Unsecured retail asset products (including Credit Card), SME (< Rs. 2 Crores) Collections. They are responsible for frequent interfacing with the empanelled lawyers/ Law firms and ability to manage collection processes including customer contacts for accounts on which normal collection activities have not been effective. They should ensure to build relationships with law firms/lawyer and visiting various Courts/Tribunal/DM or SDM Courts / Police Authorities Offices etc. coming under geographical area, especially high value A/cs.
· Ensuring timely allocation of cases for issuance of demand notices, complaint filing etc. in accordance with the defined legal and dunning strategy grid
· Review and Instruct the law firms/ lawyers for the conduct of proceedings before various Courts, Arbitral tribunal, Conciliator & Lokadalat and rigorous follow ups with various law firms & brief advocates, at different stages of litigation, to be able to drive them to perform efficiently and effectively
· Prepare plan for legal collection strategies for different types and levels of exposure accounts and design new legal processes / strategies, in order to ensure better resolution
· Responsible for managing attorney costs within the budget, identifying areas of cost reduction and drafting notices, demands and pleadings and recommending the lawyers that will be used by the Company including evaluation of their effectiveness and reporting of performance (gross returns, net returns, costs expended).
· Liaising with customers and negotiating proposals with outside agencies including statutory authorities.
· Responsible to act as an Authorized Representative (AR) of the company before various Courts, Arbitral tribunal, Conciliator & Lokadalats and ensure legal collection activities are carried out in line with the regulatory guidelines and within stipulated time limits
· Ensure maintenance of proper various Legal MIS’s and records for all cases wherein legal has been initiated (at different stages of delinquency and litigation) and timely MIS reporting, as required by the Central office
· Coordination with internal and external auditors during reviews and inspections
· Resolve any customer escalations with prompt and timely response (including Complaint lodged with Banking Ombudsman, Consumer Forum etc.)
Optimal qualification for success on the job is:
· LLB/ LLM from reputed university with court litigation (banking) experience
For successful execution of the job, the candidate should possess the following:
· Knowledge of banking products and services along with regulatory guidelines and norms
· Knowledge of Securitization (SARFAESI) Act, 2002, Sec. 138 NI Act, Civil Suit (under Order 37, CPC), Lokadalat, Conciliation and DRT
· Knowledge of good drafting skills in order to minimize escalations raised against the Bank
· Ability to negotiate with outside agencies including statutory authorities,
· Ability to manage Customer escalations with timely response (including Complaint lodged with Banking Ombudsman, Consumer Forum etc.).
· Good communication (both verbal and written) skill in both English and the local language
How to apply:
Click here to apply
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.