Volunteers Collective is looking for interns to work on ground for our legal aid and social
awareness initiative to help survivors of domestic violence and spread awareness about remedies and relief available to women in the legal sphere. Following are the details of the internship:
About the organization:
Volunteers Collective is a collective of citizens working on a range of legal and social issues. We have previously worked with victims of Delhi riots in legal aid and assistance, advocated against draft EIA 2020 and for mental health care, provided legal aid & created awareness about the legal remedies for domestic violence survivors. We also have a website writefordemocracy.in where we invite essays, articles, and opinion pieces on similar issues from our readers and followers.
This internship opportunity is open to students in both legal and non-legal disciplines. Preference will be given to those who have graduated or are graduating in law and allied social science subjects. Prior experience in field work is appreciated but not mandatory.
This internship position is based out of Delhi.
We are seeking interns for the months of January and February. Interns can either work for both the months or choose to work for one month.
● Accompany team members during on-ground awareness initiatives twice a month
● Research on relevant topics and laws relating to domestic violence in India
● Conduct in-depth analysis of testimonies collected during on-ground activities to help
prepare files for cases
● Documentation of on ground work and preparing daily reports of the same
● Assist in spreading awareness about laws and remedies available to women to report
Since we are a citizen’s collective, we are unable to offer stipends to our interns. We do,
however, provide them with an internship certificate and a performance based letter of
recommendation at the end of internship.
How to apply:
To apply, send in your CVs and a short cover letter on why we should choose you to