About the Internship
NCW has decided to engage interns in the National Commission for Women with immediate effect, to effectively disseminate knowledge/information on women related issues and build a pool of trained manpower.
Categories of Internship
- Scheme A: Unpaid Internship for a period not less than 30 days for 1st-year students of 3-year LLB Course or 3rd-year student of 5 years LLB Course/Post Graduate in Sociology/Social Work 1st year
- Scheme B: Paid Internship for a period of 60 days: Students of the second year of 3-year LLB Course/4th / 5th year BA LLB/BBA LLB/ B.Sc LLB Courses/2nd year Post Graduate Sociology/Social Work/ Gender Issue/ Women studies/Gender studies/Students of LLM/ M.Phil/Ph.D/Ph.D Scholars
Roles and Responsibilities
Each intern will need to maintain a diary of the work done by them on each day of internship in the Commission. All interns will also be required to sign a declaration regarding the confidentiality of information/documents that will come to their knowledge.
- For a period of a minimum of 30 days:
- 1st-year students of 3-year LLB Course OR
- 3rd-year student of 5 years LLB Course/Post Graduate in Sociology/Social Work 1st year
- For a period of a minimum of 60 days:
- Students of 2nd year of 3-year LLB Course OR
- 4th/5th year BA LLB/BBA LLB/ B.Sc LLB Courses OR
- 2nd year Post Graduate Sociology/Social Work/ Gender Issue/ Women studies/Gender studies OR
- Students of LLM/ M.Phil/Ph.D/Ph.D Scholars.
- For less than 60 days Internship: No honorarium will be paid in cases where the interns work for less than 60 days.
- For 60 days Internship: Rs. 10,000 per month
How to Apply?
- Students desirous of interning with the NCW may upload their applications in the prescribed proforma indicating dates for the calendar year 2021 when they would like to intern with the Commission.
- A letter of recommendation from the Head of the Institution/Authorised Signatory may also be uploaded.
- Scheme A: First come first serve basis subject to fulfilling the eligibility requirements
- Scheme B: 50% weightage for the percentage obtained during last two years and 50% weightage for the quality of the ‘Statement of Purpose’ uploaded as part of the proforma.
Last Date for Applying: November 30th, 2021