About the Obiter & Ratio
Obiter & Ratio is a legal portal which aims to provide pertinent legal updates on the changing dimensions of law. Our primary focus lies on the judgments and orders rendered by the High Courts and specialised Tribunals in India which elucidates a new position of law.
About the Competition
The Research Room is an effort to facilitate law students to build on their skill of ‘Legal Research and Writing’. Obiter & Ratio believes that writing a detailed legal opinion is one of the prime requisites for being a successful lawyer.
Hence, it is our aim to create a systematic process for law students to help them develop the skill of understanding legal texts and interpreting them to submit the best legal argument.
The students would be expected to undertake a legal analysis of all the issues by placing only legal arguments. The competition would demand clarity of thought and in-depth research on the legal issues raised.
Thus, in furtherance of the aforesaid, research questions on the theme of Constitutional Law have been drafted by our panel of experts who are as follows:
- Sankalp Kochar, Advocate, Madhya Pradesh High Court.
- Ajar Rab, Partner, Rab & Rab Associates LLP.
- Aman Rab, Partner, Rab & Rab Associates LLP.
- Krishna Deo Singh Chauhan, Assistant Professor of Law, JGLS.
- Pushkar Anand, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi.
- Last Date of Registration: August 23, 2020
- Last Date to seek Clarifications: August 30, 2020
- Last date of Submission: September 6, 2020
- Declaration of Results: September 13, 2020
Note: Results shall be declared on Obiter and Ratio’s Instagram and Linkedin handles.
- Students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school in India.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries per college or university.
- Fresh Graduates of the year 2020 (including LLM) are also allowed.
The team composition can be as follow:
- Single Member.
Note: Cross-Teams are also allowed.
Please register your team by filling up the Google Form here.
- Single Participant: Rs 300/-
- Team Participation (2 members): Rs. 400/-
Research Questions for the Competition
- Can issuing of a show-cause notice by a Speaker to a Member of Legislative Assembly be regarded as the making of a “decision” and hence, amenable to challenge before a Court of law? If yes, can a Court of law interfere in a question pertaining to disqualification under the Tenth Schedule prior to the Speaker exercising his jurisdiction regarding the same?
- Can “intra-party dispute and dissent” be regarded as amenable to anti-defection law under Tenth Schedule of the Constitution of India?
- Is the Tenth Schedule of the Constitution of India violative of the basic structure of the Constitution?
The participants securing the First and Second shall be felicitated with the following awards:
- First Position: Rs. 3,000/-, the publication of the Legal Opinion in Obiter Ratio, the opportunity to intern with Obiter & Ratio for 1 month as an Associate Editor.
- Second Position: Rs. 2,000/-, the publication of the Legal Opinion in Obiter & Ratio, opportunity to intern with Obiter & Ratio for 1 month as an Associate Editor.
- Top 10 entries shall be awarded Certificate of Merit.
- Certificate of Participation will be provided to all participants.
- E-Certificates will be provided to all participants on their respective Emails.
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Mobile Numbers: +917986078874 (Whatsapp)
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.