Human Rights Law & Policy Review Blog [HRLPR] is an initiative by the alumni and students of Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar [GNLU]. Through this platform, HRLPR desires to provide a space for exchange of knowledge and ideas on the brewing issues concerning Human Rights law and Humanitarian Law.
The ultimate objective is to explore the area of Human Rights law by identifying niche issues and fostering academic discussions on the same.
About the Blog Writing Competition
Human Rights Law & Policy Review (HRLPR) invites your submissions for the 1st National Blog Writing Competition.
The submission should deal with a relevant/contemporary issue concerning law or policy in reference to Human Rights Law.
To encourage and provide opportunities for research to the students having passion for Human Rights Law.
The competition is open to students pursuing UG/PG (Law) and any research scholar in India.
Registration & Submission
- The registration fee for the competition is INR 100/-.
- The students shall submit their manuscripts by filling an online form.
- The last date for submissions is September 22, 2020.
Selection will be done through two-tier blind review. The decision of the executive panel HRLPR shall be final. Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria: novelty of the topic, depth of analysis, originality & cogency of arguments, structure of the article, feasibility & creativity of suggestions and references used in support.
- 1st Prize: ₹ 2000/-
- 2nd Prize: ₹ 1500/-
- 3rd Prize: ₹ 1000/-
- Consolation prize: ₹500/-
- The top 7 entries will be published on our website.
- Certificate of merit will be provided to top 10 entries
- The submission shall be made in the form of an MS Word file (.doc/.docx) in English Language only.
- The word limit for the submission shall be 1200 – 1500 words (excluding citations).
- Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
- Plagiarized content or usage of any plagiarism removing tool will invite direct rejection.
- The name of the word file has to be the title of the manuscript.
- Multiple or incomplete submissions shall not be considered.
- The submission must be word-processed and in Garamond.
- The main text should be in font size 12 and endnotes in font size 10.
- A 1.5 line gap must be maintained between all paragraphs and headings.
- Citation style to be used: Bluebook 20th Edition.
- All hyperlinks must be in black colour and underlined.
The registration fee for the competition is ₹ 100/-.
Author(s) may pay it via Google Pay/other UPI or via Paytm wallet transfer.
- Google Pay/UPI Number: 8318812237
- Paytm Number: 8708641478
Don’t forget to take a snapshot of the payment confirmation, the same shall have to be uploaded on the registration form.
While paying kindly provide the name of any of the authors in the notes section of the opted platform i.e. either UPI/Paytm.
Important Dates & Links
Last date of submission: 2nd October 2020
Date of the Award: 15th October 2020
Release of scoresheet: 18th October 2020
For any queries reach out to us at: [email protected]
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.